Manage Extensions Menu not visible

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
kenmoody

Re: Manage Extensions Menu not visible

Post by kenmoody »

Thank you again RM, unfortunately I'm going to have to play the dummy card. I do not know how or where to identify language strings. Can you point me in the right direction? Would I be looking under ACP>System>Admin CP> and then Extensions or Extension Management/ What am I looking for?

Again, thank you so much for your patience and assistance. Greatly appreciated!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Your MODs, or most of them, will have a root/language/en/mods folder and a root/language/en/acp folder. In those folders will be one of more .php files, which are the language files for the MOD. Those files will have lines like:

Code: Select all

'acl_u_boardwatchb'		=> array('lang' => 'Can set board watch options', 'cat' => 'boardwatch'),
One of them will have a line like that which begins like:

Code: Select all

'acl_a_add_user
Whatever MOD that file is from (and I'm guessing the Add User MOD) is throwing that orphaned language string ACL_A_ADD_USER. Delete that MOD. Repeat for other MODs/orphaned strings.

There may be other MODs that need to be deleted that do not manifest themselves by orphaned strings. But that is a start.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

Thank you Steve.

Examining my file structure I see /language/en/acp but no /language/en/mods folder.

Is that potentially part of the issue?

Since I do not have the ability to manage/add/delete extensions from within the ACP, is it acceptable to simply delete the files from the en/acp directory? Below is a screenshot of the directory.

Again, the suggestions and advice are very much appreciated.

Capture9.PNG
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

It is the file structure in the MOD file, not your files. Do you still have the MOD files? We are talking MODs, not extensions. Mods from 3.0.x.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

OK. Shoot. I really hate to say this, but you totally lost me.

"It is the file structure in the MOD file" I have no idea what them means or where the MOD file is. So I am unable to say if I still have this or not. Can you steer me as to where I can find it? Is it in the ACP somewhere? Because it sounds like you are saying it's not a file or directory accessible via ftp.

Again... thanks. Many beers are owed.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

You installed MODs in version 3.0.x. One of the MODs you installed is the Add User MOD. There were others. When you installed the MODs, you, of necessity, downloaded the Mod files. Then, you (or Auto-MOD) opened the .xml file that came with the MOD and followed the instructions. Often, other files, like language files, came with the MOD. Those language files can be used to tell what MODs you installed, but only if you retained the MOD files you downloaded to install the MODs. Or if you remember or recorded the MODs you installed, in which case you can still get the files back.

Does any of this ring a bell?
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

kenmoody wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm Examining my file structure I see /language/en/acp but no /language/en/mods folder.
Correct, that folder belongs to 3.0.xx
kenmoody wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm is it acceptable to simply delete the files from the en/acp directory?
No, that one looks good. At a first glance, I am comparing (visive) to a 3.2.0 install.

Look, into the includes folder you will find the sub-folder acp, inside of it there should be another sub-folder named info

/includes/acp
/includes/acp/info

Please post a grab of the latter as per its whole.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

kenmoody wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:23 pm OK. Shoot. I really hate to say this, but you totally lost me.

"It is the file structure in the MOD file" I have no idea what them means or where the MOD file is. So I am unable to say if I still have this or not. Can you steer me as to where I can find it? Is it in the ACP somewhere? Because it sounds like you are saying it's not a file or directory accessible via ftp.

Again... thanks. Many beers are owed.
stevemaury meant for sure the MOD-X file, the one included into the MOD package you downloaded for phpBB 3.0.xx. like install.xml or the likes.
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

3Di wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:13 am
kenmoody wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm Examining my file structure I see /language/en/acp but no /language/en/mods folder.
Correct, that folder belongs to 3.0.xx
kenmoody wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm is it acceptable to simply delete the files from the en/acp directory?
No, that one looks good. At a first glance, I am comparing (visive) to a 3.2.0 install.

Look, into the includes folder you will find the sub-folder acp, inside of it there should be another sub-folder named info

/includes/acp
/includes/acp/info

Please post a grab of the latter as per its whole.
Is this what you were looking for?
Capture10.PNG
Than you for the calcification, very much appreciated!
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

Ah, OK. Got it. Unfortunately this forum has been around for en years and I installed that mod too many years ago for this old brain to recall where those files might be located. So I'm of not help there. Sorry. And thank you !
stevemaury wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:27 pm You installed MODs in version 3.0.x. One of the MODs you installed is the Add User MOD. There were others. When you installed the MODs, you, of necessity, downloaded the Mod files. Then, you (or Auto-MOD) opened the .xml file that came with the MOD and followed the instructions. Often, other files, like language files, came with the MOD. Those language files can be used to tell what MODs you installed, but only if you retained the MOD files you downloaded to install the MODs. Or if you remember or recorded the MODs you installed, in which case you can still get the files back.

Does any of this ring a bell?
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

kenmoody wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:02 pm Is this what you were looking for?
Yes. Looks ok though.

Please give this tool a shot and report.
Instructions are clear.

https://3di.space/32/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22 (for phpBB 3.2.0 only)
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

OK, cool. Thanks for sharing that. I downloaded and ran. Results below.
Capture11.PNG
No difference in ACP though. Still not seeing the permissions to manage extensions...

Capture12.PNG
Capture13.PNG
And still not seeing the Manage Extensions module in the ACP...
Capture14.PNG
Capture15.PNG
Thank you for the patience and continued support!
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

I see, please run this tool of mine then and report. Let's see.

https://3di.space/32/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

3Di wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:48 am Please give this tool a shot and report.
Instructions are clear.

Out of curiosity, after the tool has been run does the board admin need to clear the cache?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

P_I wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 pm
3Di wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:48 am Please give this tool a shot and report.
Instructions are clear.

Out of curiosity, after the tool has been run does the board admin need to clear the cache?
No, take a look at the code. ;)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”