Extensions management group does not show in ACP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
MarkDHamill

Extensions management group does not show in ACP

Post by MarkDHamill »

Looking at another topic on a similar issue, it suggested running ext_checker.php. I ran ext_checker.php and it ran fine. Found no issues. I can see that the Extensions category and module is installed in ACP > System > Module management > Administration Control Panel > Customise. Both the category and module are there and are enabled. But when I go to the Customise tab it doesn't show.

Frustrated I emptied the modules table and copied in the rows from the modules table on a source database on my local host running unaltered phpBB 3.2 (the forum is 3.2 as well). I purged the cache. Still not there.

I looked at my administrator permissions to see if I didn't have the acl_extensions permission. It shows I have all permission.

I even copied in the user_permissions column for the admin from my localhost database, purged the cache to see if it would appear. It doesn't.

Any suggestions?
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Extensions management group does not show in ACP

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Not sure what you mean by "extensions management group".
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

ACP, Customise tab. There are groups on the left. The Extension management group does not appear or the Manage extensions link underneath them although both the group (category) and the module are enabled.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

They are enabled and set to be displayed and you have an extension uploaded?
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Yes to all the above, which is why it's so puzzling. I checked file permissions and they are fine too.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Which extension did you upload?
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Probably a stupid question, but did you check the permissions for the user in the ACP (located under the misc tab "can manage extensions"). Not sure if that permission is used for the module but can't hurt to check.
Noname.jpg
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

3Di wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:33 pm Which extension did you upload?
I uploaded my digest extension, yes, I know, a release candidate but the client want me to install it and I've done it before for many clients.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:33 pm Probably a stupid question, but did you check the permissions for the user in the ACP (located under the misc tab "can manage extensions"). Not sure if that permission is used for the module but can't hurt to check.

Noname.jpg
Not a stupid question, but a logical one. Yes, all the permissions are green which is part of the puzzle.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Mark, is your problem similar to the one reported here?
viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2403996&p=14703061#p14702946

Is the board of your client an upgrade or conversion?
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

I thought of that other topic as well. In that case, all the permissions are green, but the 'Can manage extensions' permission isn't showing up at all. Can Mark please confirm that the 'Can manage extensions' permission is actually visible?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I ran the tool and it looks like to me that it's had no errors.
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 4.26.51 PM.png
One peculiar thing. I uploaded the tool and ran it successfully. I then went to delete it and the file disappeared! It's like some sort of security software automatically deleted it!

I've worked with this client before but not on this domain. The oldest post goes to 2005 so it was probably originally in phpBB 2 and converted many times.

P_I, you seem to be on to something. I can't find the Can manage extensions permission. How to add it? He is a founder.
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 4.39.47 PM.png
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

MarkDHamill wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:40 pm One peculiar thing. I uploaded the tool and ran it successfully. I then went to delete it and the file disappeared! It's like some sort of security software automatically deleted it!
Correct, the function remove_me(), have a look at the code.

You didn't answer my last Q, is it that BB an upgrade/conversion of some sort?

Edit: I am seeing your above answer.

Edit 2: try this tool pls, I'd like to be sure of some thing first of, so to not waste your time and mine. ;)
https://3di.space/32/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

3Di, you are a great source of advice, thanks! See attachment.
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 4.55.56 PM.png
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

-
Discrepancies? The above screenshot means:
Version is not 3.2.0 so only the AutoMOD option is available
mumble.. :ugeek:

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”