[CDB] Black 3.2.1

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.2.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
mcallegari

Re: [DEV] Black 3.2.0

Post by mcallegari »

I hacked the ne-blackgreen style and made it look kind-of like the black style.
The ne-blackgreen author did a terrible job with icons, so I had to spend most of the time fixing icons.

Modified version here: http://www.qlcplus.org/misc/black-3.2.0.zip
This is how it looks like: http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/
water01

Post by water01 »

mcallegari wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:43 am I hacked the ne-blackgreen style and made it look kind-of like the black style.
The ne-blackgreen author did a terrible job with icons, so I had to spend most of the time fixing icons.

Very nice I like that.
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Nice job on the style. It looks good. ;)
tbssclub

Post by tbssclub »

Can't wait to see this style in 3.2! Appreciate all your work!
mcallegari

Post by mcallegari »

tbssclub wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 pm Can't wait to see this style in 3.2! Appreciate all your work!
See 4 posts above. I've ported the black style weeks ago, but this thread looks kind of dead...
Ibedejo

Post by Ibedejo »

mcallegari wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 am
tbssclub wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 pm Can't wait to see this style in 3.2! Appreciate all your work!
See 4 posts above. I've ported the black style weeks ago, but this thread looks kind of dead...
No, you did not port Arty's style! You created a look-alike one based on prosilver but this doesn't have anything to do with the original style you pretend to have ported nor with porting at that.

It looks good and represents a nice alternative, but: instead of interfering (or should I say: hijacking ...??) with the subject of this/Vinny's topic you should better start your own one presenting your style there.
mcallegari

Post by mcallegari »

Ibedejo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:44 am No, you did not port Arty's style! You created a look-alike one based on prosilver but this doesn't have anything to do with the original style you pretend to have ported nor with porting at that.

It looks good and represents a nice alternative, but: instead of interfering (or should I say: hijacking ...??) with the subject of this/Vinny's topic you should better start your own one presenting your style there.
My bad. I mis-used the word "ported" and I got crucifixed.
Interfering ? Hijacking ? WTF !? I just wrote one single post before today !
Quoting my original post that you probably didn't even read:
My users didn't even notice the difference when I introduced this "new" style, but here you guys are probably more interested in the name rather than the result.
Other than spending my time and sharing what I've done to contribute, if this is the treatment I can only say: suit yourself.
Sorry if I disturbed here.
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

mcallegari wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:26 pm My users didn't even notice the difference when I introduced this "new" style, but here you guys are probably more interested in the name rather than the result.
Other than spending my time and sharing what I've done to contribute, if this is the treatment I can only say: suit yourself.
Sorry if I disturbed here.
Not at all. All contributions are welcome, and as you'll see from some of the replies above there are quite some people already that are very appreciative of the work you've done. :)

What Ibedejo is trying to say (and should probably have left to the moderators ;)) is that this topic is mostly meant for Vinny's port of the original Black style. Your post might easily be overshadowed because it's in the middle of an existing topic. You'd be very welcome to post your style as a its own new topic in this Styles in Development forum, and I'm sure there would be a lot of people that you'd make happy by doing that.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
mcallegari

Post by mcallegari »

JimA wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:40 pm Not at all. All contributions are welcome, and as you'll see from some of the replies above there are quite some people already that are very appreciative of the work you've done. :)

What Ibedejo is trying to say (and should probably have left to the moderators ;)) is that this topic is mostly meant for Vinny's port of the original Black style. Your post might easily be overshadowed because it's in the middle of an existing topic. You'd be very welcome to post your style as a its own new topic in this Styles in Development forum, and I'm sure there would be a lot of people that you'd make happy by doing that.
JimA, I appreciate your intervention.
I know almost nothing about phpBB and styles. I just needed a style compatible with 3.2 and since I was using Black, I took the closest one (ne-blackgreen) and modified it (CSS and icons). I use it every day and I'm happy with it.
My spare time is totally dedicated to my own open source project so I don't really have time to open and follow a Style thread here, nor I am interested in taking any credit of it.
I just thought that sharing my work would have speed up an official Black style release for 3.2, but since I haven't seen any comment from the thread owner in weeks, I supposed there is somehow a lack of interest in my contribution or an official port.
Or just lack of time.
In any case, I shared what I've done, so if the owner of this thread is interested, then good, otherwise I'll sleep well as usual :)
zardos

Post by zardos »

Great job mcallegari, looks good. ;)
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

mcallegari wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:43 am I hacked the ne-blackgreen style and made it look kind-of like the black style.

Wow, I really like that. Good job. I just might have to put this to use. :)
tbssclub

Post by tbssclub »

mcallegari wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 am
Appreciate your work also mcalligari! I've downloaded your version and checking it out.

Vinny, would still like to see what you're offering. :)
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

_Vinny_ wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:54 am Style Description: Black style for phpBB 3.2 based on prosilver.

This style is a conversion of Black for phpBB 3.1.x.
Cant wait for this. I used it on 3.1.x and loved it.
barrybrennan
Name: Barry Brennan

Post by barrybrennan »

Hippie459MN wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:42 pm
_Vinny_ wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:54 am Style Description: Black style for phpBB 3.2 based on prosilver.

This style is a conversion of Black for phpBB 3.1.x.
Cant wait for this. I used it on 3.1.x and loved it.
i agree cant wait untill vinny to style validated/released this :)
MrGaby

Post by MrGaby »

I worked on converting Arty's Elegance theme. If it can help :)

viewtopic.php?f=596&t=2419481
If you like my work, you can support me with a donation. Thanks!
Donate via Paypal

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles in Development”