[RC] Tables

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Re: [RC] Tables

Post by Puchahawa »

Could you post a pic as an example please. :) There is a lot of flexibility built in. BTW what version of phpbb are you using?
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë
zorni

Post by zorni »

Hi Puchahawa,

thanks for looking into it.

It's a unmodified phpBB 3.2 with php 7.1.1

Here's how it looks at the moment:

Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa »

Zorni, I did a quick table with the titles you used. If you look at the Th code just in front of the column title below you will see a # ( ie th=15, null) Those #'s are adjustable. They define the width of each column. The total of all columns must = 100. I changed the 4 numbers for the columns giving the 4th one more space. You can edit them to your needs. One of the other things you can do is center the text under the title etc...

You can also change the overall table width (table=60) to give more space if needed. If you click the button for adding a table there is a link on the left side that, if clicked, will give some additional info / help.

Code: Select all

[size=130]Table Title[/size]
[table=60,null][thead][tr=textleft][th=15,null]Platz[/th][th=15,null]BEWERTUNG[/th][th=15,null]STIMMEN[/th][th=55,null]SPIELHILFE[/th][/tr][/thead]
[tbody][tr=bg2][td=null,1]Text11[/td][td=null,1]Text21[/td][td=null,1]Text31[/td][td=null,1]Text41[/td][/tr]
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë
zorni

Post by zorni »

Thanks a lot Puchahawa, that helps a lot!
LuMaReMa

Post by LuMaReMa »

Hi there! I'm using this extension in phpbb 3.2and it's working fine. However I have a problem. When I visit our forum with ma smartphone the view of the is optimized for a smartphonedisplay. This means, that the Threads are compressed and I have only to move the display up and down for reading the text. For text and photos it is ok, but the tanle is splitted and much rows

So is it possible to force the table to be shown in normal way? Than the user must move the display right to read the table. Thanks for reply.

Regards
Ludger
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E »

Tables in prosilver, I think breaks down to that view at 900px with the css. You can change when that happens in the stylesheet but I would look to see where.

But would a wide table like you guys are creating fit in a small screen? A good example of a prosilver table would be the memberlist page. Check that out on your mobile. Now that page may be ok in a 900px screen but your 8 column table would nevery fit.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!
:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
LuMaReMa

Post by LuMaReMa »

Thanks for reply. Before we updated the 3.2 the table with 8 columns worked without any extensions. We only used bbcode. And when you visit it with mobile you have to push it left or right to see all columns. But with the update they changed anything in the bbcodes and the tables don't work anymore. I searched a long time and found your extensions.
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

This ext uses bbcode in your post also to create a table.
The tables in this ext follow prosilver rules on the layout.
When I get time I'll sit down and customize the tables.css to drop the layout at 700px instead of 900px.
I'll let you know what I come up with. I agree with your view on the layout.
LuMaReMa

Post by LuMaReMa »

Thanks Sniper!
zorni

Post by zorni »

Hi,

is there a limitation of rows/post? In our testing board the ext just shows bbcode after row 200. Where can I change it?
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

The only limitation I can think of is the character limit setting in acp for a post message.
I think I've seen a setting for that somewhere in acp. Thsee tables have no limits.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Actually there's a default limit of 1000 tags for each tag so if you have 200 rows of 5 cells you may run out of [td]. You can set that limit to any positive number.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.
zorni

Post by zorni »

JoshyPHP wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:26 pm
Actually there's a default limit of 1000 tags for each tag so if you have 200 rows of 5 cells you may run out of [td]. You can set that limit to any positive number.
Thanks a lot.

Do you have any idea, where exactly that value is configurable?
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

In PHP, using the core.text_formatter_s9e_configure_after event.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.
lifeguard81

Post by lifeguard81 »

LuMaReMa wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 pm
Hi there! I'm using this extension in phpbb 3.2and it's working fine. However I have a problem. When I visit our forum with ma smartphone the view of the is optimized for a smartphonedisplay. This means, that the Threads are compressed and I have only to move the display up and down for reading the text. For text and photos it is ok, but the tanle is splitted and much rows

So is it possible to force the table to be shown in normal way? Than the user must move the display right to read the table. Thanks for reply.

Regards
Ludger
This.
I like this extension realy much, it looks good and works fine.
But this idea, is in my eyes better. Look for example here.... This is nice tables. Also on mobile devices :)
https://tablepress.org/extensions/responsive-tables/ (scroll a bit down. (i know it is for wordpress)
Bye phpBB, hello Compo.sr A complete website package with news, forum, chat, gallery and much more!

Return to “Extensions in Development”