[2.0.13] Navbar Mod

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
27%
Very Good
20%
Good
20%
Fair
13%
Poor
20%

Total votes: 15

reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

ooooooh! now I get it. You deleted the <td width=85%> at the very end of the file. That MUST be there for it to work.
Navbar mod - Navbar Mod 2.2.0 Download (Use at your own discretion, this has not been validated by the phpBB mod team)
akaine

Post by akaine »

ok I've got it installed but now that it's installed my template at the bottom of the page looks funny. Any idea on how to fix it?

And how do I make it look like the ones on the left of this page?
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~dragonsupri ... portal.php

http://kellysplace-forums.com/Image2.jpg

Thanks so much for your help.

Kelly
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

The next version (which is currently in line for validation) will make the nav links look like the ones on my site. I can send you the code for it, if you like. The only downside I've discovered thus far with the mod is that the navbar aligns EVERYTHING else to the right a little bit. I'm trying to find a way to fix this, but I haven't found one yet.
Navbar mod - Navbar Mod 2.2.0 Download (Use at your own discretion, this has not been validated by the phpBB mod team)
akaine

Post by akaine »

Sure would love to try it out. Thanks
Kelly
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.3
See first post for Download Link
Eric
cyborg cobra

Post by cyborg cobra »

hi ya been keeping an eye on this mod for a little wile know

but have a few probs to ask you about

after looking ar the code in the .mod file and looking for the code in the style files there seems to be no relationship to the files i have and the code you decribe

maybe its just me lol

can you help as i'm using a few style's on my forum but not the subSilver one

and as i say love the idea of moving the nav bar to the left but can't find the code strings

thank
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

The things that are commented out in the .mod file are just the old nav links, login box, and the admin link. All you need to do is find those in the style files, and comment them out (with <!-- and --> tags) The things that are added are just the new nav links, in a different location and organization. You may have some added links if you're using a mod that adds pages or nav links for everyone (like the Staff site mod, or the ranks summary mod)
cyborg cobra

Post by cyborg cobra »

thanks that made it a lot easyer for me to find as i said think it was me looking for the wrong code lol

only prob is that the admin link move didn't work so had to remove that code for the admin and add the code back in

for some reason it was linking back to the index.php not onto the admin page

can you also tell me how i would add a link into the main board part to link to a games mod ?

sorry i know more questions
jkloska

Post by jkloska »

cyborg cobra wrote: only prob is that the admin link move didn't work

Yep, same problem here, trying to fix it now.

Also the alignment isn't perfect. The left tables start next to the last visit and date & time lines. I fixed this by changing the location of the Navbar section from overall_header.tpl to index_body.tpl. Of course a few minor adjustments to the HTML code had to be made, but they now line up properly. If you need the code, I will post later upon request. Right now I'm off to work and have little time. It is fairly simple to do though.

May I also suggest that in the Nav Link section, for the box headings, you change the HTML syntax from td to th and the class from genmed to thTop? This will keep your colors the same in subSilver while making the template color compatible with other subSilver CSS clones. (For example: subRed, subGreen, subRebel etc.)
jkloska

Admin Link

Post by jkloska »

Well the Admin Link doesn't work. The reason is because it is not attaching the sid to the link, and there didn't seem to be a variable assigned for

Code: Select all

{U_ADMIN_INDEX}
That caused the URL to point to the phpBB2/index.php instead of phpBB2/admin/index.php
adding this to the includes/page_header.php

'U_ADMIN_INDEX' => append_sid('./admin/index.'.$phpEx),
cured the URL problem, and it now properly points to phpBB2/admin/index.php, but for some reason it is still not appending the sid. Of course without the sid, it doesn't give you admin rights, and once again you go to phpBB2/index.php instead.

Unfortunately, I am no PHP programmer, more of a Cut 'n Paster, so even though I tried a few variations I thought would work, nothing did.

Can someone PLEASE help with this?
Last edited by jkloska on Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Re: Admin Link

Post by MHobbit »

jkloska wrote: Well the Admin Link doesn't work. The reason is because it is not attaching the sid to the link, and there didn't seem to be a variable assigned for

{U_ADMIN_INDEX}
That caused the URL to point to the phpBB2/index.php instead of phpBB2/admin/index.php
adding this to the includes/page_header.php

'U_ADMIN_INDEX' => append_sid('./admin/index.'.$phpEx),
cured the URL problem, and it now properly points to phpBB2/admin/index.php, but for some reason it is still not appending the sid. Of course without the sid, it doesn't give you admin rights, and once again you go to phpBB2/index.php instead.

Actually, I think it only adds the SID as GET vars when cookies aren't enabled.

Sometimes when people use proxies, they experience not being able to administrate their fora.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
jkloska

Re: Admin Link

Post by jkloska »

MennoniteHobbit wrote: Actually, I think it only adds the SID as GET vars when cookies aren't enabled.

Sometimes when people use proxies, they experience not being able to administrate their fora.

I thought maybe it was a cookie problem, but that didn't seem to make sense... Also no proxy is used here. I will try a cache clearing in my browser, just on the off chance it may be a cookie problem, but don't see how since the admin link in overall_footer.tpl seems to work fine. When you hover over both, they actually give the same URL, the only difference is the overall footer shows the sid.
robinlee

Post by robinlee »

Any demo for this mod ?
akaine

Post by akaine »

I have it on my site

http://kellysplace-forums.com/
robinlee

Post by robinlee »

akaine wrote: I have it on my site

http://kellysplace-forums.com/

Is that the one which under the login plate ?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”