Record of Registration Agreement?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Turtlebutter

Record of Registration Agreement?

Post by Turtlebutter » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Is there anywhere in the settings where I can see a record of whether a user has agreed to the registration agreement? Or a plugin that would store it?

I know you cant register without agreeing to it, the person I set up the forum for wants to have proof that someone has agreed. I think she's being overly paranoid but I'm trying to appease...

AFAIK with the way its set up you can not make an account without agreeing, but I cant get that through to her.

Thanks!

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Record of Registration Agreement?

Post by KevC » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Turtlebutter wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:34 pm
I know you cant register without agreeing to it, the person I set up the forum for wants to have proof that someone has agreed.
The fact that they've registered is the proof that they've agreed because the button before that page says 'I agree to these terms'. You can't register without clicking that.

You can request an extension though if you want something else (although I'm not sure what that would be - maybe a tick box?).
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Turtlebutter

Post by Turtlebutter » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:49 pm

KevC wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 pm

The fact that they've registered is the proof that they've agreed because the button before that page says 'I agree to these terms'. You can't register without clicking that.
Yeah, I've been trying to explain this to her but she doesn't understand tech at all. It took me forever for me to even get her to understand what a forum was.

Dont ask...

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:51 pm

If you use the Newly Registered users group with a post limit of one, and make a forum that is the only forum the NRU group can post in, you can have an announcement at the top of that forum containing the Registration agreement with instructions for the user to post "I agree". If they do post "I agree", approve the post. If they don't, don't approve the post.

You would also want to not allow posting by other groups in that forum.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:53 pm

There is another point to consider - what happens if the Registration Agreement changes? Would you log which version they agreed to or would you make then re-accept the Agreement.

I think that in all the time I have been running boards the number of times that I have had to resort to "you agreed to that when you registered" can be counted on the fingers of one hand - and I have not used them all.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Turtlebutter

Post by Turtlebutter » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:51 pm
If you use the Newly Registered users group with a post limit of one, and make a forum that is the only forum the NRU group can post in, you can have an announcement at the top of that forum containing the Registration agreement with instructions for the user to post "I agree". If they do post "I agree", approve the post. If they don't, don't approve the post.
Hmm... I have an NRU only forum that I make them post an introduction before I move them out of the newly registered users group as a form of vetting.

I could always add a "Do you agree to the registration agreement of "BlahBlahInc" forum and just archive a copy of their post somewhere...

Let me see if that works for her.

Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:43 pm

Turtlebutter wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 pm
Hmm... I have an NRU only forum that I make them post an introduction before I move them out of the newly registered users group as a form of vetting.

I could always add a "Do you agree to the registration agreement of "BlahBlahInc" forum and just archive a copy of their post somewhere...
This extension is still in beta development but would save you a step if she agrees to what your suggesting above. It auto copies a topic when it is created to a forum of your choice. Then you could just create a forum that only admins see and use that as your archive. :D
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”