Can I remove copyright in the footer?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
dillsay

Can I remove copyright in the footer?

Post by dillsay »

Hi friends,

I just installed latest version of phpbb, I would like to know if I can remove the copyright message from the footer which says powered by. Can I remove that is that allowed or its ilegall to do that?
I search in forum and google, I saw many posts where it says its okay to remove but I will be more satisfied if I get the answer here :)

Maybe the answer is here already in forum but its huge forum hard to search :)

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers :D
david63

Re: Can I remove copyright in the footer?

Post by david63 »

Your board, your files - you can do whatever you want.

However there are some who will not provide support where the copyright has been removed, so the choice is yours.

Out of interest why do you want to remove it after all the hard work that others have done for free for you?
dillsay

Re: Can I remove copyright in the footer?

Post by dillsay »

david63 wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 12:37 pm Your board, your files - you can do whatever you want.

However there are some who will not provide support where the copyright has been removed, so the choice is yours.

Out of interest why do you want to remove it after all the hard work that others have done for free for you?
Thanks for the reply, of course I will not remove now. They deserve the credits.
Even if I remove, I'm sure people will know it's phpBB board, so it has no meaning to remove I think.
Once again thanks for the valuable comment for my knowledge, much appreciated.

Return to “General Discussion”