[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
TomaGo

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by TomaGo »

Hello,

I would like to change the size of the youtube video on my forum, is it possible ?

(It's a little bit too small in my opinion)

Thanks
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

You can in CSS:

Code: Select all

[data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube"]
{
    max-width: 1280px !important;
}
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
TomaGo

Post by TomaGo »

Thank you Joshy,

In witch css can i find this ?
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

You need to add it to your forum's CSS, however it is done in phpBB. I don't know.
TomaGo

Post by TomaGo »

I did it and it's perfect.

thank you !
thetripperchic

Post by thetripperchic »

I put the ext in the ext and enabled it, but what do i do to make it work. i have missed something somewhere
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

You post URLs and they become videos. Only new posts.
TalhaMoazSarwar

Post by TalhaMoazSarwar »

This extension is incredibly Good. I want to show the video thumbnail when sharing on social websites like Facebook. How can i do this ???
Hartenheer
Name: Willem Hartman

Post by Hartenheer »

Click right, copy and paste video address

Photos: Click right > copy and paste video address Between

Code: Select all

[img]code[/img]
tag
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:
regards: Willem

https://bierfijnproevers.nl/bierforum
Windows-Club

Post by Windows-Club »

I have since the version phpBB3.2 problems with the memory limit with this extension. In the 3.1 version everything is ok.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /var/www/test/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 3171
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

On 3.1 it uses a precomputed configuration whereas on 3.2 it's done dynamically. The only way to avoid this issue is to increase the memory_limit setting.

Alternatively, some versions of PHP use less memory to perform the same operations so upgrading your version of PHP may help you there. Also, enabling an opcode cache can save memory as well.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

This extensions breaks YOUTUBE Code with BBCodes inside. You can post this for example and hit the preview button:

Can only be tested real if this extension is alive. Without it, it works fine and you will see 3 videos.

[align=center][youtube]Hz__LYJuibE[/youtube][/align]
--> this works

[b][size=150][youtube]Hz__LYJuibE[/youtube][/size][/b] --> if there size, b, i, u or any others tag youtube won't display after submit

[size=150][color=#e74c3c]hallo --> same here

[youtube]Hz__LYJuibE[/youtube][/size]

The first video is shown but the other 2 not with BBCodes between. It keept me 2 days in searching to find this.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

That's an interesting case, I'll look into it as soon as I have time.
ItchyBear

Post by ItchyBear »

Hi, I'm trying to embed a Google Form into a forum post for user entry & Google Doc for user reference.
Is it possible to add these into the extension?

Many thanks
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I don't think Google Forms is a good fit for embedding. You should look into making a custom BBCode for it instead.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”