[ABD] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Miri4ever

Re: [3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Post by Miri4ever »

I was searching the whole evening and it not working for hours until it suddenly worked with the black switch at my main forum. On the test forum it was fine. After massive cleaning and disable it was working and turn anything on it was still working but YOUTUBE was broken again.

Then I was thinking a little bit and turned off extension again off and found it. YOUTUBE was back again: To all users if you want to use YOUTUBE between size, colors, and others this extension will break it:

https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-mediaembed/

Also the normal PHPBB Code Editor won't will work with BBCode anymore. So be carefull. It took me 2 days of searching.

@martec: Thanks for the wonderfull work but have you tested FONT and SIZE Dropdown box with the dark solution ? I still believe an own DARK Style which could be turned on at dark styles would be easier until doing more fixes. But it's late now will test on my style how it looks like with the colors. :twisted:
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
martec

Post by martec »

0.2.3-beta Released

If you using 0.2.1-beta or before you must unistall and "Delete the extension’s data" before upload 0.2.3-beta files.

This extension is in the beta stage, keep in mind that it is only for test propose, not use beta stage extension in live forum.

Bug Fix:
- Fixed issue with black color text area feature (reported here viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126&start=180#p14788416 and here viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126&start=195#p14788711)
Miri4ever wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:16 pm I was searching the whole evening and it not working for hours until it suddenly worked with the black switch at my main forum. On the test forum it was fine. After massive cleaning and disable it was working and turn anything on it was still working but YOUTUBE was broken again.

Then I was thinking a little bit and turned off extension again off and found it. YOUTUBE was back again: To all users if you want to use YOUTUBE between size, colors, and others this extension will break it:

https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-mediaembed/

Also the normal PHPBB Code Editor won't will work with BBCode anymore. So be carefull. It took me 2 days of searching.
Thanks for the info.
Miri4ever wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:16 pm @martec: Thanks for the wonderfull work but have you tested FONT and SIZE Dropdown box with the dark solution ? I still believe an own DARK Style which could be turned on at dark styles would be easier until doing more fixes. But it's late now will test on my style how it looks like with the colors. :twisted:
Hi..

i fixed in 0.2.3
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

For the Moment the changes looking nice and even inside ACP a dark theme is no problem. I furthermore having problems with my main browser.

At Opera I see white and can't it get to work with black style. At Firefox everything is working fine and display at dark. Need to do more tests with different browsers how everything work.

The extension who add an custom background working nice even at black style. So I can see if being inside source or WYSIWYG Mode.

Extension Developments:
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:24 pm At Opera I see white and can't it get to work with black style.
Here black color text area feature working fine using default skin of editor and opera (ver. 46.0.2597.57 (PGO)).
So i can't reproduce your issue. Most likely it should be your browser's cache issue.

offtopic: opera is chinese product. Personally best not to trust. I just installed it to check your bug report. But I already uninstalled.
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

Hello
is it possible render custom bbcode in wysiwyg mode? (like quote )
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Still having problems with this black / white color switch of this software. On my latest tests I tested with firefox, mozilla, opera and finally MS Edge Browser. At the end all coming to the same result and the did not anymore switched to black ground. I cleared forum and browsers caches more time and finally switch to another instance of WIN10 with edge browser with same results. So it could not be related to the browser and I did more digging behind this behave.

Finally I found out, it only works nice if PROSILVER is the main theme. With other theme even if they based on prosilver I only got a white background. None of the instances on both operating system and 4 different browser did the job anymore, even until I switch back to prosilver.

There must be sometinhg anywhere to activate switch only with prosilver and not with other. But I also will do more tests at my testing forum.

The strange thing about it, it worked today this morning for a few hours an then it stopped. Don't know if hoster setup can do anything inside the settings, but this is my report for the moment until I know more. A complete fresh operating system with standart browser couldn't be so damaged that everything fails with differ themes activated.

Extension Developments:
martec

Post by martec »

Meis2M wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 pm Hello
Unfortunately this is not possible.
I do not know any forum system that capable of this.
Regardless if it is free or paid.
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:21 pm Still having problems with this black / white color switch of this software. On my latest tests I tested with firefox, mozilla, opera and finally MS Edge Browser. At the end all coming to the same result and the did not anymore switched to black ground. I cleared forum and browsers caches more time and finally switch to another instance of WIN10 with edge browser with same results. So it could not be related to the browser and I did more digging behind this behave.

Finally I found out, it only works nice if PROSILVER is the main theme. With other theme even if they based on prosilver I only got a white background. None of the instances on both operating system and 4 different browser did the job anymore, even until I switch back to prosilver.

There must be sometinhg anywhere to activate switch only with prosilver and not with other. But I also will do more tests at my testing forum.

The strange thing about it, it worked today this morning for a few hours an then it stopped. Don't know if hoster setup can do anything inside the settings, but this is my report for the moment until I know more. A complete fresh operating system with standart browser couldn't be so damaged that everything fails with differ themes activated.
What your cache setting in extension settings?

You can only set cache setting after all configured and checked that everything is okay. Otherwise the changes in settings will not take effect. Or wait for the cache time to expire.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Well I don't know if this work. PHPBB does itself render those with his own Preview Button to be shown. Maybe the Editor could call this Routine for all commands he can't render itself.

Extension Developments:
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

I don't have anything inside the cache anymore. It's 0. Last time I put something inside the cache the permissions system got broken and I could not using special BBCodes anymore. So I kept this with ZERO.

But should deleting the cache from System and Browsers not do the same thing or is there any more cache I don't know ? And all my caches from the Edge Browser and other computer was sure empty, I never used them to call this routine.

Extension Developments:
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 pm I don't have anything inside the cache anymore. It's 0. Last time I put something inside the cache the permissions system got broken and I could not using special BBCodes anymore. So I kept this with ZERO.
Very strange.
Can you give temporary ACP account access credential of your forum to my PM? Because in my installation I can not reproduce the problem.
I tested with prosilver and hexagon https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/hexagon/ and work fine here.
And one question are you using 3.2 supported style?
Miri4ever wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 pm But should deleting the cache from System and Browsers not do the same thing or is there any more cache I don't know ? And all my caches from the Edge Browser and other computer was sure empty, I never used them to call this routine.
not related with cache of browser. but of phpbb.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Yes they are for 3.2.0 or 3.2.1. I also uploaed your hexagon style and tested at my test forum. Even here it now seems working. I just installed your exentsion and a few differ styles. Tested with firefox and it always remain white.

Extension Developments:
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:11 pm Yes they are for 3.2.0 or 3.2.1. I also uploaed your hexagon style and tested at my test forum. Even here it now seems working. I just installed your exentsion and a few differ styles. Tested with firefox and it always remain white.
Hi,

you're right.
You could do test below?

root/ext/rin/editor/event/main_listener.php

find

Code: Select all

if (((int) $this->user->data['user_style'] == (int) explode('_',$style_pref_name)[3]) && (int) $skin_pref_value)
replace

Code: Select all

if (((int) $this->user->data['user_style'] == (int) explode('_',$skin_pref_name)[3]) && (int) $skin_pref_value)
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

martec wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:34 pm
Meis2M wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 pm Hello
Unfortunately this is not possible.
I do not know any forum system that capable of this.
Regardless if it is free or paid.
Matec. Even though Rin editor is heavy (makes me question a bit). I'm pondering on having it on phpBB.
Are you able to work with me around August (I'll manage to get some time) to see how well it can fit to be the default editor for phpBB?
martec

Post by martec »

brunoais wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 am Matec. Even though Rin editor is heavy (makes me question a bit). I'm pondering on having it on phpBB.
Are you able to work with me around August (I'll manage to get some time) to see how well it can fit to be the default editor for phpBB?
Honestly putting this on core is not something recommendable.
First about custom bbcode that not possible render.
Secound is about block element, this editor only work correctly if after block element skip one '\n', but default of phpBB is skip one '\n' before block element and two '\n' after block element. Because of this i added this https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor_fo ... r.php#L103, https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor_fo ... r.php#L108 and https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor_fo ... r.php#L109. And personally this is not something very smart to do.
Third several modifications to the core files of the ckeditor, making painful updating process.

Putting that on the core will give huge headache in the future.
I honestly do not want to take responsibility for future problems.
So if you want to use I can provide the source of the modifications of ckeditor, but unfortunately I have no interest in helping in the process of adding in the core of phpbb.

Thank you for the offer and sorry for not being able to help.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”