Updating 3.2 to 3.2.1 - Database size reduced, all topic content missing.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Helios7

Re: Updating 3.2 to 3.2.1 - Database size reduced, all topic content missing.

Post by Helios7 »

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:27 pm
Helios7 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm
@KevC : Should i create a new folder, install a fresh 3.2.1 there and try to recover the database there (so all the files are brand new but database is old)?
Will that work?
Will i be able to perform an database update after this process?

Thanks.
You did that: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/
If you did that correct all the (important) files are new.
Ok, i did try to recover the database which failed due to server timeout. Wont this have brought back some of the old files back?

What should i do next?

Thanks.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

Helios7 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 pm
janus_zonstraal wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:27 pm
Helios7 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm
@KevC : Should i create a new folder, install a fresh 3.2.1 there and try to recover the database there (so all the files are brand new but database is old)?
Will that work?
Will i be able to perform an database update after this process?

Thanks.
You did that: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/
If you did that correct all the (important) files are new.
Ok, i did try to recover the database which failed due to server timeout. Wont this have brought back some of the old files back?

What should i do next?

Thanks.
Hello All,

I have the database backedup before the update from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1,

1: Now database update reports the following error and wont update,
General Error:SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]Duplicate key name 'itm_usr_mthd' [1061]SQLALTER TABLE phpbb_user_notifications ADD INDEX itm_usr_mthd (item_type, item_id, user_id, method) in file /home/lightonv/public_html/wordpress/phpBB_3.1/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php on line 999BACKTRACEFILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: installer_msg_handler()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.phpLINE: 999CALL: trigger_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.phpLINE: 191CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 1064CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysql->sql_query()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 1551CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->_sql_run_sql()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 671CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->sql_create_index()FILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->perform_schema_changes()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 711CALL: call_user_func_array()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 658CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->run_step()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 400CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 288CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 241CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->update_do()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module/update_database/task/update.phpLINE: 160CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->update()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module_base.phpLINE: 149CALL: phpbb\install\module\update_database\task\update->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/installer.phpLINE: 219CALL: phpbb\install\module_base->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/controller/update.phpLINE: 133CALL: phpbb\install\installer->run()FILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: phpbb\install\controller\update->phpbb\install\controller\{closure}()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/StreamedResponse.phpLINE: 113CALL: call_user_func()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Response.phpLINE: 380CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\StreamedResponse->sendContent()FILE: [ROOT]/install/app.phpLINE: 62CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response->send()
ACP.png
2: All threads report "The requested topic does not exist.".
3: Forum down for the past 3 days.

Please assist me to either successfully update to the latest version and recover all threads on the forum OR revert the forum exactly to the state before the update.

Thanks.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

To revert the forum to the exact state before the update attempt, restore the backup of your files and database you made before updating.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

stevemaury wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:29 pm
To revert the forum to the exact state before the update attempt, restore the backup of your files and database you made before updating.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, my hosting has a backup and they assured to restore the backup of the site before the update. Hope all goes well and no dataloss happens.

Thanks.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

stevemaury wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:29 pm
Hi, thanks so much for your assistance. I have restored the website using backup files and database.

Since the "Automatic Update Package" is currently unavailable, please let me know the best way to successfully update the forum from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1.

If the "Automatic Update Package" is the best and easiest way to update then i can wait till it is made available.

Best regards,
Helios

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”