[CDB] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Senky
Former Team Member
Name: Jakub

Re: Ads Below Navbar

Post by Senky »

JGarth wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:39 pm Is there a way to have the ad placed below the Navbar only show on the board index page and not on all the other forum and sub pages?
No, currently not. But this idea is very interesting. I have added it to Public requests on Trello. We will consider implementing this feature.
‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎🔔
Browser & Mobile Notifications Extension
Now with Safari (both macOS and iOS) support!
janus_zonstraal

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by janus_zonstraal »

I'm trying to show the adds only to "guest" and "New Registered users" but the only show up for guest.
Is that a know problem?
Last edited by janus_zonstraal on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
3hd

Post by 3hd »

Hello Guys,
I dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(

can some one teach me how to. a newbie way pls
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

3hd wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pmI dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(
Hi, welcome to phpBB! :)

I understand this can be a bit confusing at the start. It all depends on the folder structure that you've uploaded the extension in. The extension files (like composer.json) are supposed to all be uploaded to the folder /ext/phpbb/ads. No other folders in between. If that doesn't help, please show us a screenshot.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
SiteSplat

Post by SiteSplat »

3hd wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm Hello Guys,
I dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(

Hi 3hd, check out the following, should help you wrap your head around the extensions system.
Official Documentation: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/installing/
How to Install:
  1. Download and unzip the current release.
  2. Copy the unzipped folder to the ext directory in the root of your forum. Note, if a phpbb directory already exists in your ext directory, do not overwrite it; just copy the extension-name folder to ext/vendor/extension.
  3. Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  4. Look for extension-name under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its Enable link.
How to Update:
  • Download and unzip the current release.
  • Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  • Look for extension-name under the Extensions list, and click its Disable link.
  • Delete the old extension directory at ext/vendor/extension from your server.
  • Upload the new extension directory to ext/vendor/extension on your server.
  • Back in the ACP, click the Enable link.

How to Uninstall:
  • Look for extension-name under the Enabled Extensions list, and click its Disable link.
  • To permanently uninstall, click Delete Data and then delete the extension directory from your server.
- FLATBOOTS - phpBB 3.3 Flat Design - Bootstrap Framework
- Deploy an SSD cloud server in 55s. Sign up and get 2 months free.
- phpBB Community & Premium Themes & Premium Extensions
- Contact me Via PM or e-mail for Custom phpBB work and Web Development needs
🎨phpBB Professional Premium Themes🔥
donsenilo
Name: Markus

Post by donsenilo »

Ad snippet analysis (such as "untrusted connection when board runs on HTTPS but ad will load HTTP JS)
This is the only thing I'm waiting for to use this ext. I hope ...
3hd

Post by 3hd »

JimA wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm
3hd wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pmI dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(
Hi, welcome to phpBB! :)

I understand this can be a bit confusing at the start. It all depends on the folder structure that you've uploaded the extension in. The extension files (like composer.json) are supposed to all be uploaded to the folder /ext/phpbb/ads. No other folders in between. If that doesn't help, please show us a screenshot.
Thank you. it worked. after downloading from Github and extracting, the folder is ad-management. location was also important as i didnt know that was where was suppose to go. thanks. you saved my $100 from ordering from fiverr
3hd

Post by 3hd »

SiteSplat wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:00 pm
3hd wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm Hello Guys,

Hi 3hd, check out the following, should help you wrap your head around the extensions system.
Official Documentation: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/installing/
How to Install:
  1. Download and unzip the current release.
  2. Copy the unzipped folder to the ext directory in the root of your forum. Note, if a phpbb directory already exists in your ext directory, do not overwrite it; just copy the extension-name folder to ext/vendor/extension.
  3. Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  4. Look for extension-name under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its Enable link.
How to Update:
  • Download and unzip the current release.
  • Look for extension-name under the Extensions list, and click its Disable link.
  • Delete the old extension directory at ext/vendor/extension from your server.
  • Upload the new extension directory to ext/vendor/extension on your server.
  • Back in the ACP, click the Enable link.

How to Uninstall:
  • Look for extension-name under the Enabled Extensions list, and click its Disable link.
  • To permanently uninstall, click Delete Data and then delete the extension directory from your server.
Thank you. Appreciated
3hd

Post by 3hd »

How do i make the ads responsive. am using responsive theme and on mobile its mess it up.

i want it to be smaller on mobile and fit the mobile screen perfectly and same size.
newbie will be appreciated
thank you
nl1sms

Post by nl1sms »

Great extension!!!

I have the same problem as others.... on a mobile Phone the left side of the banners don't show. Can i easily fix this myself or will there be a solution in a next release ?

On a tablet it shows fine.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Extension released, you can use the support section here:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ds/support

Best regards.
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Awesome. I can now update my 3.0 board!!
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “Extensions in Development”