Adjusting prosilver forum list

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.2.
heinrich_k

Adjusting prosilver forum list

Post by heinrich_k »

Hi,

I widened the the total boad width, but to make full use of this, I'd also like to adjust the forum listing.

Here is what I mean:
What I want
What I want
Basically the first colum should be smaller, so the last one can be bigger.
I found
dd.lastpost, dd.redirect, dd.moderation, dd.time, dd.info {
where I can make the last one bigger, bit it then moves into a new line, because the first one doesn't get smaller. And I don't find its width setting anywhere, so I guess it is dynamic, but how do I influence it?

Thanks.
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Re: Adjusting prosilver forum list

Post by Hanakin »

first this is in no way an easy thing to do in prosilver. if you are not really good with html & css I would not even attempt it.

Second if you really want to do this I need to ensure that you are making a new custom theme.
Third you also need to be doing it properly by only making changes in a new custom.css file.

Lastly I would recommend that you just completely recreate the entire forum and topic sections from scratch. This is why I said its not easy as otherwise it will take a lot of weird and unapparent tweaks. I would start by finding a theme that has already done this and copy it. or you could use the code I worked up for the new theme.

if you still want to go through with making the changes then google chrome inspector is your friend but your gone have a bad day :sad:
heinrich_k

Post by heinrich_k »

I created my one theme, sure.
Based on prosilver.

Used Firefox and it's inspektor so far, but all I go was the width the filed has, but no clue as to where it is defined. My guess is, it is dynamic, but if that is right, how would I make 'Topics' and 'Posts' move left, so that 'last post' has more space ?
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

like i said its not easy, its all done using margin hacks and there are several widths applied to outers and inners to make it work due to the shity markup and css specificity I would really recommend just recreating the whole thing from scratch with new class names. ps. chromes inspector if alot better
heinrich_k

Post by heinrich_k »

If it's that difficult to customize, why is it the standard style?
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

because its 10yrs old and hard to refactor! that is why we are making a new one from scratch
heinrich_k

Post by heinrich_k »

When will it be ready ?
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

just getting underway. There will be more information related to it coming out shortly, but https://codepen.io/collection/Drjrjx/

Return to “[3.2.x] Styles Support & Discussion”