This is an intervention! :D

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Stoker 4.0
Name: Ulrik Christensen

Re: This is an intervention! :D

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:40 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 am
paulie wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:18 pm
You seriously don't see a problem expecting somebody to post 50 different 'Ideas'?
I don't think anyone expected the OP to post a 16,868 character post.
Or that anybody would count them :mrgreen:

But I agree with the point. I havent read the entire post and Im not going to.
However my respect goes the the one who has

eeji
Jr. Style Validator

Post by eeji » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:33 pm

The problem with the OP is that by the time I'd finished reading it, I'd forgotten what the first half said :(

Sequor

Post by Sequor » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:40 am

OP does make a few interesting points, but I have to disagree with a lot of it. PHPBB has a ton of potential, but it leaves that up to the administrator. You get the bare bones and add to it as your needs grow. Xenforo gives you everything all at once, whether you need it or not. Is Xenforo more feature-rich out of the box? Sure. But PHPBB doesn't clutter you with bloatware. You get a forum, a bulletin board with just enough to serve the purpose of a bulletin board. But then you also get the large community of developers who are actively working on extensions for it. Xenforo's market isn't nearly as large, so while it has more bells and whistles initially, it's not the easiest platform to expand without reaching into your wallet to pay for custom work. With PHPBB, if you can think of a feature, it most likely exists; if it doesn't, you can request the feature to be made, at no cost to you. That's what makes PHPBB worth it to me.

That being said, there are some things that I think should be part of the core package, but they've already been mentioned in the ideas section. Things will continue to progress as they always have, and I'll continue to support PHPBB as it expands and evolves.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”