Upgraded PHP - Fatal Exception Error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
morkle

Upgraded PHP - Fatal Exception Error

Post by morkle »

Any idea how to fix this?

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException' with message 'The service "phpbb.viglink.acp_listener" has a dependency on a non-existent service "language".' in /home/fifthaw7/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/CheckExceptionOnInvalidReferenceBehaviorPass.php:58 

Stack trace: 
#0 /home/fifthaw7/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/CheckExceptionOnInvalidReferenceBehaviorPass.php(42): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\CheckExceptionOnInvalidReferenceBehaviorPass->processReferences(Array) 
#1 /home/fifthaw7/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/CheckExceptionOnInvalidReferenceBehaviorPass.php(36): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\CheckExceptionOnInvalidReferenceBehaviorPass->processDefinition(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Definition)) 
#2 /home/fifthaw7/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/Compiler.php(104): Symfony\Componen in /home/fifthaw7/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/CheckExceptionOnInvalidReferenceBehaviorPass.php on line 58
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Upgraded PHP - Fatal Exception Error

Post by JimA »

Hi, welcome to phpBB! :)

Could we have a bit more information, please? From and to which version did you update?
Also, how many languages (and which) do you have installed on your board?
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
david63

Post by david63 »

Are you sure you mean "upgraded PHP" and not "upgraded phpBB" as it is unlikely that a PHP upgrade would cause that error?

To me it looks as if you have a mixture of phpBB 3.1 and phpBB 3.2 files on your board.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
morkle

Post by morkle »

So I figured this out - it needed a clean install.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”