[DEV] Birthday Control

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Alli74purple

Re: [DEV] Birthday Control

Post by Alli74purple »

I added this ext to our forum (3.2) and it seems to work fine, EXCEPT, users can't turn off the show age field. Even when they change, "Show age" to NO. Their age still shows in their profile. I looked over all the settings, but I can't work out the problem. Any suggestions?
Satanasov
Name: Stanislav Atanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Alli74purple wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:42 pm I added this ext to our forum (3.2) and it seems to work fine, EXCEPT, users can't turn off the show age field. Even when they change, "Show age" to NO. Their age still shows in their profile. I looked over all the settings, but I can't work out the problem. Any suggestions?
I will take a look as soon as I have some time.
For list of all my extensions go to https://github.com/satanasov
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
uruguayito

Post by uruguayito »

It would be possible to see the age in the mini profile in viewtopic with this ext?
I speak spanish
Sorry for my bad english
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Added "PR" for Spanish translation.

;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

lw1991

Post by lw1991 »

sorry to bump old topic but is there a way to make it so let say you have 18+ or 21+ category with this extension?

i was really being able to age restrict some categories please correct me if i am wrong.
fliper4o

Post by fliper4o »

Navigate me pls. Where are the settings? Global/ACP
UCP>Profile>Edit Profile> Show age: Yes/No nothing changes?
Just need to figure out how it's working ^^
Satanasov wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm The controls are in ACP -> Board Features (or Board settings (I really don't remember)).
thanks for the ext : )
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

lw1991 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:37 am sorry to bump old topic but is there a way to make it so let say you have 18+ or 21+ category with this extension?

i was really being able to age restrict some categories please correct me if i am wrong.
Nope. This is board wide registration extension.
fliper4o wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 pm Navigate me pls. Where are the settings? Global/ACP
UCP>Profile>Edit Profile> Show age: Yes/No nothing changes?
Just need to figure out how it's working ^^
Satanasov wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm The controls are in ACP -> Board Features (or Board settings (I really don't remember)).
thanks for the ext : )
ACP -> Board features is where you set limit.

UCP control is used to show or hide age in profile.
If you want custom functions in some of my products - PM me and we will discuss it.
NastyBoy
Name: Tim

Post by NastyBoy »

Hello
Is there a guide to install? I tried to install it but it does not work. Does this ext does not go in 3.2.1?
fliper4o

Post by fliper4o »

NastyBoy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 pm Is there a guide to install?
Here you go. : )
https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/installing/#installing
NastyBoy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 pmI tried to install it but it does not work.
If you can't install it, how do you know it's not working !?
fliper4o wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:05 pm Rename postlove-master to postlove.
/public_html/forum/ext/anavaro
Edit(delete) -master from the folder name.
& yes it's working on 3.2.1 : )
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

lw1991 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:37 am sorry to bump old topic but is there a way to make it so let say you have 18+ or 21+ category with this extension?

I wanted that too. To be able to age restrict just one category/forum/subforum. :(
Satanasov

Post by Satanasov »

Tarantino wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:35 pm

I wanted that too. To be able to age restrict just one category/forum/subforum. :(
Only parts ... pfff this will take some work ... it's not impossible.
Restless Rancor

Post by Restless Rancor »

Hi, I'm having some issues with this extension.
When people enter their age before registration it will pre-fill the DOB on the next page. They can set "display age" to "no" if they want, and they are also able to do this via their UCP after registration.
Even with this set to "no" their age still displays, they have to remove their DOB from the default phpBB setting for it to stop showing, but if you have it as a requirement they have to keep it there.

I'm going to install a fresh phpBB installation with just this extension to see if it's a possible conflict, but can't see any extensions that would cause a conflict.

Thanks

Update:

I've installed an unmodified 3.2.3 forum with version 1.0.2 of this extension.
When "Show Age" is set to "No" in the UCP it only removes it from the postbit if "Show age in posts" is set to "Yes" in the ACP, it does not remove it from the profile.
If you set it to require an age the user cannot set their DOB to --/--/---- in their UCP to remove the display of their age, as it requires a DOB.
There is no option in the ACP to allow members to chose if their age is displayed in their profile, as the OT would suggest.

Have I missed something, or is this not working as intended?
Thanks
These are not the droids you're looking for...

Return to “Extensions in Development”