ACP no Module Management

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
noudle

ACP no Module Management

Post by noudle »

Hello,

im not very used to phpBB and there is obviously something wrong with my installation.

What happened before:

I recently upgraded from phpBB 3.0.12 to 3.2.1 using this approach: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/
This did work very good, except for two "extra" tabs in showing up in the ACP after the upgrade (tabs name was "Extensions" and "ACP_notify_mods" or something like that) which I could not click on without getting a "General Error" page.

So I disabled that notify module in the phpbb3 database and those two tabs where gone.

Actual Problem: I do not have a Module Management section nor a Customize Tab in my ACP. My ACP -> System looks like this: Image

I already asked in the irc network on freenode about this and it seems that some modules are not installed or running properly. What can i do to debug this? How can i find out which modules are missing and then install/enable them?

Thanks in advance!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: ACP no Module Management

Post by warmweer »

noudle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 pm I recently upgraded from phpBB 3.0.12 to 3.2.1 using this approach: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/
This did work very good, except for two "extra" tabs in showing up in the ACP after the upgrade (tabs name was "Extensions" and "ACP_notify_mods" or something like that) which I could not click on without getting a "General Error" page.
Those are probably leftovers from mods you installed on 3.0.12 (could even be a leftover from automod). Unfortunaetly I don't have my 3.0.12 backups anymore but going from memory there was a table from automod (phpBB_mods I think) which has to be removed, and also in another table with AC_xxx something with entries that have to be deleted.
Best way is to check which modifications you installed, look at the install files and see which values they added.

I would suggest re-upgrading then.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
noudle

Post by noudle »

warmweer wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:14 pm
noudle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 pm I recently upgraded from phpBB 3.0.12 to 3.2.1 using this approach: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/
Those are probably leftovers from mods you installed on 3.0.12 (could even be a leftover from automod). Unfortunaetly I don't have my 3.0.12 backups anymore but going from memory there was a table from automod (phpBB_mods I think) which has to be removed, and also in another table with AC_xxx something with entries that have to be deleted.
Best way is to check which modifications you installed, look at the install files and see which values they added.

I would suggest re-upgrading then.
Thanks for your response, but i already solved the problem with those two tabs.

What I try to solve now is the fact that i do not have a Module Management or Customize Tab so I can't install any extension.
david63

Post by david63 »

Do you have the requisite permissions to manage modules and extensions?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
noudle

Post by noudle »

I have founder status if thats the question.
noudle

Post by noudle »

Thanks to #phpbb , solved it by deleting cache/production/ manually over ssh. Somehow the "purge cache" functionality did not work properly for me.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Then you need to check the permissions on those directories.

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... rmissions/
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”