Facebook login

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Facebook login

Post by KevC »

Seems a bit silly to custom code something that is available as an extension you can just upload.
Kyavion wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 pm I'd be curious about this as well. I tried installing Social Login (as well as a Paypal mod), but neither would show up in extensions tab with other extensions I've installed.
If it's in the right folder it will show up. You should start a new topic if you're having a problem installing extensions.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

dansk wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 pm do not answer my question
We do not know the answer to your question. You are asking how to use code you got on another site. You should seek support there.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

thread topic, generally we don't lock topics.

Plus, if your waiting for someone to help you with this coding you have to be patient, none of us get paid for this.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

dansk wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 pm
KevC wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 pm Seems a bit silly to custom code something that is available as an extension you can just upload.
Kyavion wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 pm I'd be curious about this as well. I tried installing Social Login (as well as a Paypal mod), but neither would show up in extensions tab with other extensions I've installed.
If it's in the right folder it will show up. You should start a new topic if you're having a problem installing extensions.
What is stupid Kevin? I ask a question you do not answer my question for any reason but answer another. Do you have moderators good or have you all gone together to exclude answers to me?
Because there's a ready-made extension that does exactly what you want it to do, no coding is needed, you upload one folder and it's done, but you don't want to use it. You should go and ask Facebook where that code has to go.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
david63

Post by david63 »

dansk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:28 pm Should be any HTML file.
No - it will need to be in a specific place within the HTML code but I, and I suspect most others on here, have no idea where as we do not have the code. In my experience when you get that sort of code the instructions with it will tell you where it has to go.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

dansk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:58 pm But if I create an html file and paste the code, would it work?
Seriously? What kind of question is that?
First of all, the code you are talking about does not come from phpBB and I haven't a clue about which code that is (and I see no reason why moderators should know the code you are talking about).
Secondly: an html file? containing what else? where does it fit in? Seriously (again) if you want an answer pointing you in the right direction, then at least provide some basic info with the question (e.g. which code is that, and which html file and where in the html file).

BTW it's a strange method of communication if Facebook gives a code but doesn't explain properly how to use it.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

dansk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:45 pm ...
And what's your problem? Seriously?
problem? The only problem I have is that I've barely grasped 10% of how phpBB v3.2.x functions (and that's probably even an exaggeration). Aside from that I'm very much OK, although I could use some more free time (and a higher income :lol: )
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Start by pasting the code Facebook gave you.
Facebook DOES offer support you just don’t know how to search.

Being rude to everyone will get you nowhere.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

See, there is no point of me being rude to you, right now, for not doing what I asked you to do. ‘Pasting the Facebook code’
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

dansk wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:31 amI will not adapt to people; they will adapt to me ;-)
OK, I notice the smiley, but it remains the kind of statement which won't entice many users to try and help.
The thing is, you (or me for that matter) might need help from the phpBB team or the community, and a question which includes all the necessary or relevant information is bound to result in more useful answers.

WelshPaul

Post by WelshPaul »

Good luck getting any help, with an attitude like that you're going to need it! :roll:

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”