Cannot access ACP under module management

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Fezroux

Cannot access ACP under module management

Post by Fezroux »

Hello, I tried installing the Advertisement Management extension, and couldn't get it to work due to my boards Extensions tab having problems of it's own. I tried several different things to get the advertisement extension working, and it ended up just making things worse.

Now when I go to the System tab, and click on Administration Control Panel under Module Management it won't open. Instead it automatically selects/highlights User Control Panel, and opens those options. How can I get the Administration Control Panel module to work again?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Fezroux

Re: Cannot access ACP under module management

Post by Fezroux »

Next day bump.

Any idea what I can do?

(EDIT)

I figured out the link to go directly to the ACP Module in which I did and received the following error:

General Error
Module not accessible

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 565
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 82
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You have to use the ACP link supplied at the top or bottom of the page, you can’t go ‘directly’.

If you’re experiencing problems with an extension you need to post in the dedicated discussion/support forum for the extension.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

Hello, thanks for responding. Not being able to access the Administration Control Panel isn't the problem. The problem is when I'm in there, and I go to the 'System' tab, and click on 'Administration Control Panel' under 'Module Management' it won't open. When I click on it, It automatically selects/highlights 'User Control Panel,' and opens those options instead.

It happened after I tried installing the Advertisement Management extension. I will also ask for assistance in the dedicated discussion for the extension.
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

Alright, I figured out that I could remove all instances of the ads extension using phpMyAdmin, and was hoping that would bring the ACP module back. Well unfortunately it didn't work. What that tells me is that it's not an extension problem any longer.

So the question remains, what's the fix to restore a non-functioning ACP module?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.1
What is your board's URL? n/a
Who do you host your board with? DreamHost
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Updated from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 today hoping it would maybe fix the problem but it didn't.
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.2.0
What extensions do you have installed? Google Analytics
Profile side switcher
What styles do you currently have installed? AcidTech
What language(s) is your board currently using? Default British English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Installed the 'Advertisement Management' extension but couldn't get it to work properly. After failing to get it to work, my ACP module no longer functions as intended. I completely removed all traces of the extension so that no longer is an issue.
Please describe your problem. ACP module text is displayed, and when clicked on, It doesn't show the corresponding options. Instead it selects the UCP module, and shows those options.

The link to the three modules are supposed to end with the following:

=acp_modules&mode=acp
=acp_modules&mode=ucp
=acp_modules&mode=mcp

When I click on the ACP module, the link erroneously ends in =acp_modules without the &mode=acp at the end. If I manually add it to the end to go directly to the ACP module, it throws a module not accessible error.
Generated by SRT Generator
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

I'm still waiting for some support/help to solve this problem...
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Installed the 'Advertisement Management' extension but couldn't get it to work properly. After failing to get it to work, my ACP module no longer functions as intended. I completely removed all traces of the extension so that no longer is an issue.
How did you install and remove the extension?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

I installed it the proper way but due to another problem with my Configuration tab in the ACP, I couldn't use it. I tried to get it working in a round about way which ended up causing the ACP module to stop functioning.

When I would try to do the delete data portion of the uninstall procedure to remove the mod, it wouldn't let me and would give a PHP/database error instead. In order to completely uninstall the mod I had to log into phpMyAdmin, and manually delete all traces of it. So the mod is no longer a factor.
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

And the problem still remains...
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

I would set up a brand new phpbb board and compare the module table from the database with the old board.

And try to upload all the 3.2.1 files again to the server (except the config.php)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Fezroux wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:30 pm What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Installed the 'Advertisement Management' extension but couldn't get it to work properly. After failing to get it to work, my ACP module no longer functions as intended. I completely removed all traces of the extension so that no longer is an issue.
Please describe your problem. ACP module text is displayed
Have you posted in the extensions support forum?
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Post by david63 »

Fezroux wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:30 pm completely removed all traces of the extension
And how did you do that without having access to the ACP?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:52 am I would set up a brand new phpbb board and compare the module table from the database with the old board.

And try to upload all the 3.2.1 files again to the server (except the config.php)
Thanks for the suggestions. You're the first person to try and actually offer a solution. I have two forums running phpBB on a dedicated server. One has the ACP module problem as discussed in this thread, and the other forum has zero problems. You're suggesting I use phpMyAdmin to log into both boards databases and compare the module tables? If so, what would I be looking for exactly?
Mick wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:30 am
Fezroux wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:30 pm What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Installed the 'Advertisement Management' extension but couldn't get it to work properly. After failing to get it to work, my ACP module no longer functions as intended. I completely removed all traces of the extension so that no longer is an issue.
Please describe your problem. ACP module text is displayed
Have you posted in the extensions support forum?
Yes, as you suggested earlier in this thread. Although the problem is no longer extension related.
david63 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:31 pm
Fezroux wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:30 pm completely removed all traces of the extension
And how did you do that without having access to the ACP?
Just to reiterate for the second time now, I do not have any problem accessing the ACP. I haven't even mentioned that as an issue. The Administration Control Panel settings under Module Management no longer display.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”