Discuss: phpBB 3.2.2 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.2 Release

Post by Kailey »

wraith50 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:15 pm After update all attachments disappeared
This should help you. ;)
Marc wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:26 pm As a reminder, please do not post support requests here but rather use the Support Forum.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Heo32

Post by Heo32 »

wraith50 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:15 pm After update all attachments disappeared
My attachments are still working after the update. Be sure to post in the Support Forum for help if you can't figure out the problem.
stevemaury wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.
Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline • Content-Security-Policy
morbidmama

Post by morbidmama »

Nervous newbie here - be gentle, please? :)

Do I correctly believe that PHP versions are controlled by my hosting company and that there is nothing that I can do besides beg them to update it?

The 3.2.2 release recommends a minimal PHP version of 5.4.7, and my host reports that the current PHP version that they provide is 5.4.45.

In a nutshell, what 'side effects' of using a lesser version should I expect, (if any) and what's the best way to convince my hosting co. to upgrade?

Or should I just plow ahead with the update and hope that things continue to work correctly?

(I really am a nervous newbie trying to teach myself how all this works, with lots of Internet searches for help). Thanks for any information that comes in response to this question.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

morbidmama wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:50 pm The 3.2.2 release recommends a minimal PHP version of 5.4.7, and my host reports that the current PHP version that they provide is 5.4.45.
Yes. And 45 is greater than 7, so you are ok.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

wraith50 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:25 pm
John connor wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:20 pm
What do you mean all attachments disappeared? They just went poof, gone, like magician's flash paper or what?
Yeah just like that, the links to the images (attachments) no longer work :roll:
Have you opened a topic in the support subforum?
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

John connor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:14 am
wraith50 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:25 pm
John connor wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:20 pm
What do you mean all attachments disappeared? They just went poof, gone, like magician's flash paper or what?
Yeah just like that, the links to the images (attachments) no longer work :roll:
Have you opened a topic in the support subforum?
See -> https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15506
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

One point that was missed from the release announcement is that the ACPu memory cache V5.0 API is supported from phpBB 3.2.2.

After adding the PECL acpu memory cache extension in your php installation (php v7 and higher), simply change the acm line in config.php to:

Code: Select all

$acm_type = 'apcu';
I have been using the APCu memory cache since phpBB 3.2.0 came out, and it has been totally stable (and seems to be quick).
Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

I have just updated my localhost test PC from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 with no issues.

May I request a clarification of Known issues in 3.2.2? It was not clear to me when the modifications should be performed.

I propose the following revision. From:
In the initial release phase we've noticed two issues that can prevent users from fully updating their boards.
To:
In the initial release phase we've noticed two issues that can prevent users from fully updating their boards. To address these issues, three files must be modified.
  • Follow the update procedure to update the distribution release files.
  • Modify the three files as described below.
  • Update the database.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

If you are not having those problems then I would just wait until you do or until the fixed update comes out.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Sajaki

Post by Sajaki »

hi all,

The 3.2.2 Issues regarding attachments, are they still present in the 3.2.2 download with this sha ? ea59e6a9404916bf7937003bdea5fd6aa41f9b7463f7dff3b39c277207ba7bfa
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Believe so otherwise Marc would have put up a new announcement...at least I think he would have.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

Correct. We generally don't replace packaged versions unless there was a packaging issue.
Swanny

Post by Swanny »

I have 8 forums, all still on 3.2.1. Considering there are some known issues, should I bother updating right now to 3.2.2? I guess the question really becomes will there be a 3.2.3 relatively soon or are we talking like 6 months+ for the next release? Thanks.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

It's always best to update to the latest version. What you could (and probably should) do is perform a test update locally with a copy of your production site. If you don't encounter any problems, then update your production site.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
opperpanter

Post by opperpanter »

Completely missed that there's was a security issue / fix / release. What's the proper way to subscribe to / get notified of security fixes/releases?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”