[3.1][3.2][RC] Survey

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Ithron

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] Survey

Post by Ithron »

gnocchia wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 6:46 pm Just installed the extension on a 3.2 forum and it doesn't show the survey creation tab. Checked permissions and my user has an ACL for survey creation.

What can be wrong?
There is no survey creation tab. When creating or editing the first post in the thread, there is a checkbox that lets you create the survey.
odf

Post by odf »

Great extension but not responsive for mobiles, for example sum/average of entries are displayed on the left side of survey form/questions instead of being correctly displayed at the bottom of each column.
Ithron

Post by Ithron »

odf wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:33 pm Great extension but not responsive for mobiles, for example sum/average of entries are displayed on the left side of survey form/questions instead of being correctly displayed at the bottom of each column.
Can you please elaborate? The extension is responsive for mobiles. When the screen becomes small, the entries are reordered from a nxm table to a 1x(n*m) table. The sums and averages are at the bottom. You can also tets this with a normal browser by resizing the window to a small part.
odf

Post by odf »

H Ithron,

Thank you for your reply, I will test the extension but now for phpBB 3.2.
pvu

Post by pvu »

Hello,

I've installed the 1.1.0-rc2 version of the extension on our 3.2.1 forum without trouble. I've created a french translation. As the phpBB forum does not seem to allow attachments and I cannot send an MP to the author because this is my first message, I've shared the translation here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1maivYA ... sp=sharing
pvu

Post by pvu »

Hello again,

by the way, a nice to have feature would be templates. I don't know how the other people are using surveys, but in my case, I will more or less duplicate the same survey on different topics. So it would save time to record it once and reload it when needed.
Ithron

Post by Ithron »

pvu wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:38 pm Hello again,

by the way, a nice to have feature would be templates. I don't know how the other people are using surveys, but in my case, I will more or less duplicate the same survey on different topics. So it would save time to record it once and reload it when needed.
This would be a nice feature, I agree. However, I probably won't have time to implement something like this in the following time. So if anybody wants to do it, feel free to develop it before requesting a pull on github.

I will include the french translation, thanks!
netzversteher

Post by netzversteher »

Nice ext. !
I search it for a long time but its not kompatible with 3.2.X that's too bad.
Ithron

Post by Ithron »

netzversteher wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:51 pm Nice ext. !
I search it for a long time but its not kompatible with 3.2.X that's too bad.
It is compatible with 3.2.X. Can you please specify why you think it is not? Please note, that only the standard style is supported.
pvu

Post by pvu »

Hi,

I've created my first non-test survey and it seems that I have a permission issue:
- "power" users can answer
- "normal" users can see the survey as well as the previous answers, but they can't answer: there are no editable object.

Strangely, "normal" users also seem to have an issue with my CSS on the topic where I've setup the survey.

I can't see any problem in the permissions, both survey permissions are set for all "normal" users. But permissions are such a mess in phpBB...

Any idea?
Ithron

Post by Ithron »

pvu wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:16 pmI've created my first non-test survey and it seems that I have a permission issue:
- "power" users can answer
- "normal" users can see the survey as well as the previous answers, but they can't answer: there are no editable object.
The permission f_survey_answer is inherited at installation time from f_reply. Thus, if a user can post a reply to a specific topic, he should also be able to fill out the survey. Maybe you can check the effective permissions in ACP to find out, whether this is the case.
Also, if the topic or the forum is locked, you can only fill out the survey as a moderator. You can find the whole logic that decides, if one can fill out the survey or not here.
pvu wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:16 pmStrangely, "normal" users also seem to have an issue with my CSS on the topic where I've setup the survey.
Can you be more specific about the issue (screenshot maybe)?
pvu

Post by pvu »

Sorry, I can't attach any screenshots yet, I haven't posted enough to get that permission on this forum.
But I've shared them. So here is what power users can see: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YCjWh ... k2M-SFu-02

What normal users see: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1awIJu ... b7JIlGB7DD
You can see that the they just have a "read-only" view. And that the background is missing (but that's not really my main concern).

And here are the permissions (sorry, it's in french) for this forum and this group of users: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gwKq- ... wT8rSDUl47
pvu

Post by pvu »

I've checked the function can_add_new_entry(), and I can't see what's wrong:
- users are registratred
- neither forum nor topic are locked
- multiple answers are allowed
- modifications are allowed
- permissions are ok for this forum.
netzversteher

Post by netzversteher »

Sorry for my bad English
I also have the problem I can not determine who may answer the questions.
Only the author can answer the questions.
There is no possibility to assign rights in the ACP.
Ithron

Post by Ithron »

@pvu

1. About the background: That is not a bug :-) The colors are coded like this in the CSS of the extension. If you want the extension to blend in with your custom style, you would need to write an according CSS for that I guess... I don't really know much about styles, so maybe also ask in the style support forum.

2. About the rights: It has to be something with f_survey_answer. The third screenshot is actually not the one that shows the "real thing". When you are in ACP, go to permissions, then on effective permissions (all the way down on the left hand side). There, look up what the effective permission for the user/group in question is.

@netzversteher: Look at the third screenshot from pvu, it shows how to assign the rights. They can be found under permissions -> Forum permissions -> Content.

Return to “Extensions in Development”