[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

The extension depends on the version of s9e\TextFormatter that's bundled with phpBB; It can get outdated between releases.

Liveleak rolled out new URLs a few weeks ago, that's why they are not recognized. Until a newer version is released, you may be able to embed Liveleak videos using their old URLs. For instance, https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aKVS6_1521230666. The ID after ?i= can be obtained in the video's embed code.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
I've Been Banned!

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by 2600 »

JoshyPHP wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 am The extension depends on the version of s9e\TextFormatter that's bundled with phpBB; It can get outdated between releases.
How can I check the version of my textformatter? I'm using the latest phpBB, 3.2.2.

Edit-
Just tried your link suggestion taking the id after the T. Still won't work. I even tried a BBcode.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Can you please tell me how to check if textformater is outdated.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Usually it's in composer.lock but I don't know whether it's released as part of phpBB. It doesn't matter though because the answer is always yes, it's outdated. Media sites are updated every other week, the library gets a new release once or twice a month and phpBB's release cycle is closer to 6 months.

You can probably update your local files but you may occasionally run into compatibility issues.
FranckTH
Name: Franck

Post by FranckTH »

Very nice extension, thanks josh, if you can add html5 video with mp4 or ogg, it will be very wonderfull :D
Free Flash & HTML5 Games for Phpbb 3.2.2 + Extension Relax Arcade Pro
Free Flash & HTML5 Games for Relax Arcade Pro
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

This extension only handles third-party content from a predefined list of sites. If you want to include a generic video player, you'll need a different kind of extension.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

phpBB 3.2.2 use textformatter v0.13.1 (2017-12-10)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

So is that good? How would I go about updating it if I need to? I'd like to stay abreast of this as possible.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

FranckTH wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:29 pm Very nice extension, thanks josh, if you can add html5 video with mp4 or ogg, it will be very wonderfull :D

I created a BBCode to do just that, but the user would need to use a FTP to share the file. Most don't have that. It works for me since I share the HTML5 audio or video through my public_html. If you want both codes let me know.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
tonyJones

Post by tonyJones »

JoshyPHP wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:50 am
tonyJones wrote:Any way to get mlb.com in the mix on the next release?
If you post an example of the kind of URLs it would support, I'll look into it later.

MLB videos don't work with this extension.

Here are 2 links that to the same video via MLB:

First is MLB's option of embedding or linking:

https://www.mlb.com/video/statcast-stan ... id=6479266

Then looking for the source of the video, which is on streamable

https://streamable.com/m/1898424783

Any idea how to get this to work?

Thanks so much for the excellent extension
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Hi,

I have updated my site definitions but I don't know when the new version will reach you. In the meantime, you can embed MLB videos by using their old URLs, e.g. http://m.mlb.com/video/v1898424783
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

JoshyPHP wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 pm
You can probably update your local files but you may occasionally run into compatibility issues.
Do you know how to do this? I'd like to be able to render some of the formats that won't anymore.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

You can download the file from GitHub but I cannot provide any support for that kind of use.

https://github.com/s9e/TextFormatter/bl ... ection.php
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

How do I use it? Where do I place it? I have backups and will backup the relevant file/s just to make sure there are no issue. If there are I'll go ahead and undo my changes.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

So as long as we keep using this extension we will always get the latest version when you update, correct?

No need to download the other one?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”