[3.2][RC] Local URL To Text

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Re: [3.2][RC] Local URL To Text

Post by Naguissa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 pm

potku wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:14 pm
Hmm, OK, thanks. :) Well, maybe Martin will have an idea as to why that is.
I'm not collaborator on this Extension, but I was subscribed as I'm interested in it.

The line I proposed is a common point of failure in servers, where there're some failures or delays when looking-up for its own name using DNSs.

I.e., Postfix is slow as hell delivering local mail if you don't have that line.

As maintainer said that it was resolved in PHP I thought: "what if it's trying to resolve itself using DNS and it's making it slow and prone to failures"?

But it seems not be the case.

Still, having that line is good.

koraldon

Post by koraldon » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:16 pm

Does 1.1.1 also works with phpbb 3.1?

___Martin

Post by ___Martin » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:10 am

potku wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:14 pm
Hmm, OK, thanks. :) Well, maybe Martin will have an idea as to why that is.
I just noticed that it seems to depend on the URL used to fetch a page of your forum. It does not matter if I use Chrome or Firefox (both on Linux) – both behave the same:
  • when using https://www.potku.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=917509#p917509 (notice the www. in the domain), the extension does not work
  • when using https://potku.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=917509#p917509 (no www. in the domain), the extension does work
So I would guess there's some issue with the board configuration regarding the domain name.

The boards I administrate have some redirection configured, so that all requests to www.myboard.com will be redirected to myboard.com; this domain (without www.) is also the domain which I use in the board configuration (ACP > Server settings).

The redirection is done by the webserver via the .htaccess file, which has something like this:

Code: Select all

### redirect all requests that do _not_ use the default domain "myboard.com"
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} "!^myboard.com$"
    RewriteRule (.*) https://myboard.com/$1 [L,R=301]
</IfModule>
Maybe you can check with your server admin if you can use some redirection like this as well.
koraldon wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:16 pm
Does 1.1.1 also works with phpbb 3.1?
No, as I applied some changes which are incompatible with the phpBB 3.1.

The phpBB creators will remove some functionality with upcoming phpBB versions, which are now marked as "deprecated", meaning all extension authors will have to change their code to the new functionality. I decided to do this change with this version 1.1.1 of my extension; and as all previous versions were never officially released as stable versions, I won't support them any more. Sorry about that.

potku

Post by potku » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:45 am

Thanks for taking the time and figuring it out. I will ask our tech admin to look into that redirect. Thanks. :)
Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Fri May 04, 2018 2:07 am

Is this compatible with Prime Links?

___Martin

Post by ___Martin » Sat May 12, 2018 11:30 am

Tarantino wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 2:07 am
Is this compatible with Prime Links?
I just did a small check in a local test board: yes, they seem to work well together. The "Local links" settings from Prime Links were applied (like rel="nofollow" or target="_blank"), while Local URL To Text replaced the link text.

Return to “Extensions in Development”