[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Xymox2017

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by Xymox2017 »

Another issue I found.

I have set the user profile LOCATION custom field (phpbb_location) to be displayed in the memberlist.
After installation of the extension, the location is not displayed in the memberlist anymore.

I rechecked the setting Display on memberlist screen: and is set enabled.
(after disable and enable again, saved, the issue persists).
david63

Post by david63 »

@SandLady - I found that problem earlier today. You can resolve the problem by purging the cache. I have a temporary fix but, at the moment, do not have a "proper" solution.
Glav63 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:00 pm what would you say for for adding link like "Request account removal" at the bottom of current personal data listing in UCP
I would say that it is not a good idea. Putting such a link there would possibly have the effect of encouraging people to remove their account/data whereas not having it will mean only those really intent on wanting their data removing will do something about it.

@ scheccia - I am not sure what bug that is supposed to fix.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
SandLady

Post by SandLady »

david63 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 pm @SandLady - I found that problem earlier today. You can resolve the problem by purging the cache. I have a temporary fix but, at the moment, do not have a "proper" solution.
I purged the cache before posting my message David - it didn't have any effect, sorry. I wonder what your temporary fix is? It might plug a gap until you have a "proper" solution? I very much appreciate your help...
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Xymox2017 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 pm
Froddelaar wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 am NL translation updated
https://github.com/Solidjeuh/Privacy-policy
I just checked, but the actual policy page text is not in NL yet.
Will this be translated also?
You can get it from my forum if you want: https://www.muziekpromo.net/ucp.php?mode=privacy
SandLady

Post by SandLady »

SandLady wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 pm
david63 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 pm @SandLady - I found that problem earlier today. You can resolve the problem by purging the cache. I have a temporary fix but, at the moment, do not have a "proper" solution.
I purged the cache before posting my message David - it didn't have any effect, sorry. I wonder what your temporary fix is? It might plug a gap until you have a "proper" solution? I very much appreciate your help...
David, I discovered that if I purge the cache BEFORE activating the extension, and AFTER activating it, everything now seems to work and I don't get that error message. Purging ONLY before activation doesn't fix things and results in the error message. Does that help your diagnosis?
Nienke1973

Post by Nienke1973 »

Thank you very much, great work, I was having a headache how i could force this to see to my users.
maybe you can give me advice how i can lower the last pop up above the screen,"I Accept" it is not clickable because it goes through other options at my template.
when i scroll down i can press it.

Best Regards Nienke
Xymox2017

Post by Xymox2017 »

Froddelaar wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm
Xymox2017 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 pm
Froddelaar wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 am NL translation updated
https://github.com/Solidjeuh/Privacy-policy
I just checked, but the actual policy page text is not in NL yet.
Will this be translated also?
You can get it from my forum if you want: https://www.muziekpromo.net/ucp.php?mode=privacy
Great. Thanks.
david63

Post by david63 »

Xymox2017 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 pm Another issue I found.

I have set the user profile LOCATION custom field (phpbb_location) to be displayed in the memberlist.
After installation of the extension, the location is not displayed in the memberlist anymore.

I rechecked the setting Display on memberlist screen: and is set enabled.
(after disable and enable again, saved, the issue persists).
SandLady wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm I installed it today. All went well, except when a member tried to create a new post and was met with:
Both fixed in next release
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
scheccia

Post by scheccia »

david63 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 pm @ scheccia - I am not sure what bug that is supposed to fix.
this bug on birtday date in UCP viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2464776&start=165#p15012006
david63

Post by david63 »

scheccia wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 am
david63 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 pm @ scheccia - I am not sure what bug that is supposed to fix.
this bug on birtday date in UCP viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2464776&start=165#p15012006
And if you look at the next post I have said that it was fixed for the next version
David

david63

Post by david63 »

Version RC5 released (hopefully the last)- see first post for download.

Two main changes in this version are the CSV download option in the UCP together with a link to request the removal of account. This link is an option configurable from the ACP and will give a "mailto" link with a configured message.

There are a few bug fixes as well

Also there are a few changes (not many) in the language files (sorry)

To install this version
  • Disable the Privacy Policy extension - there is no need to Delete Data
  • Delete the files
  • Upload the new files
  • Enable the extension
David

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

david63 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:42 pm Version RC5 released (hopefully the last)- see first post for download.

Two main changes in this version are the CSV download option in the UCP together with a link to request the removal of account. This link is an option configurable from the ACP and will give a "mailto" link with a configured message.

There are a few bug fixes as well

Also there are a few changes (not many) in the language files (sorry)

To install this version
  • Disable the Privacy Policy extension - there is no need to Delete Data
  • Delete the files
  • Upload the new files
  • Enable the extension
Thanks for this update..

I have a question: if I do the update as suggested above here, will I loose the translations I added before?
david63

Post by david63 »

hurghanico wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:54 pm I have a question: if I do the update as suggested above here, will I loose the translations I added before?
If you mean the translations done via the ACP then no you will not lose them just as long as you do no delete data
David

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

david63 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:33 pm
hurghanico wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:54 pm I have a question: if I do the update as suggested above here, will I loose the translations I added before?
If you mean the translations done via the ACP then no you will not lose them just as long as you do no delete data
Yes, I meant the translations done via the ACP..

perfect!..

however since you changed something in the original text, I'll update also my translations..

Thanks
hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

hurghanico wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:30 pm
david63 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:33 pm
Yes, I meant the translations done via the ACP..

perfect!..

however since you changed something in the original text, I'll update also my translations..

Thanks
I tried just now (and I didn't delete the data), generally it seems to work, but even if my translations are still in place (I checked) if a user tries to change language to italian in the "register" page, the policy is still displayed in english..

before updating to rc5 swapping languages was working well..

other note: I still don't know if an issue I'm having at times has to do or not with the fact that my board is on a free hosting (altervista), but often after I purge the site cache I get an error (which seems to have to do with the deactivated s9e media embed extension) which goes away after I refresh/reload the same page again maybe ten times, and then everything goes normally..

I had the error also when I installed the privacy policy ext rc5, solved the same way as above.
my board: https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”