[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
PB190

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by PB190 »

Can i ask, why you do not add this extension in to extension database ? ;)
It looks like everything works in this extension.

Thanks
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

I suggest you read the past few pages as he already explained it.
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

PB190 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:26 am Can i ask, why you do not add this extension in to extension database ? ;)
It looks like everything works in this extension.

Thanks
It's in process, but I have to fix 6 issues (coding style conforming phpbb, nothing functional).

But just now I bought a house and I was doing tramits, an now I'm with reformation works, kid's school and moving planning, so just now I'm little scarce of free time. I'm fixing the issues and adding a wanted feature when I can.
PB190

Post by PB190 »

Ah i understand, thanks for info. ;)
PB190

Post by PB190 »

I make czech language for this plugin.

Its here ;)

http://leteckaposta.cz/188182085
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

PB190 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:59 pm I make czech language for this plugin.

Its here ;)

http://leteckaposta.cz/188182085
Thanks! I'll add it on next release!
larkyv

Post by larkyv »

Question: did Kapreo ever forward the English language changes for his "Like" version? This extension will work well for us - but we have several members who are - um - set in their ways, and they expect "liked" posts, not "thanks".

If he didn't, then I can probably do it myself - if I'm correct in thinking that in the thanks_mod.php file, I will need to change every instance of "thanks" to "Likes" etc. in things such as 'Clear Thanks List' and so on.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

larkyv wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:35 am Question: did Kapreo ever forward the English language changes for his "Like" version? This extension will work well for us - but we have several members who are - um - set in their ways, and they expect "liked" posts, not "thanks".

If he didn't, then I can probably do it myself - if I'm correct in thinking that in the thanks_mod.php file, I will need to change every instance of "thanks" to "Likes" etc. in things such as 'Clear Thanks List' and so on.
Not really. We could add it to extension, but fot this to work we still need to change default language folder with modified one. I.e.: pack it as "en_like" but still you should need to remove"en" folder and rename "en_like" folder to "en".

Here are the instructions, quite easy: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2423931&sid=5341e ... #p14996171
JackEnox

Post by JackEnox »

Is this already working for the newest tapatalk Plugin released some days ago?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

JackEnox wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:47 am Is this already working for the newest tapatalk Plugin released some days ago?
I was not aware of new version.

Mobiquo modified folder for plugin 2.1.0 version available on repo now: https://github.com/Naguissa/mobiquo_tha ... g/2.1.0-r1
larkyv

Post by larkyv »

Naguissa wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:09 am
larkyv wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:35 am Question: did Kapreo ever forward the English language changes for his "Like" version? This extension will work well for us - but we have several members who are - um - set in their ways, and they expect "liked" posts, not "thanks".

Not really. We could add it to extension, but fot this to work we still need to change default language folder with modified one. I.e.: pack it as "en_like" but still you should need to remove"en" folder and rename "en_like" folder to "en".

Here are the instructions, quite easy: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2423931&sid=5341e ... #p14996171
Thank you. One more question: Is it necessary to change the word in lines like: 'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_GIVE' => as well as the output lines?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

larkyv wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:32 pm

Thank you. One more question: Is it necessary to change the word in lines like: 'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_GIVE' => as well as the output lines?
NO:

NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_GIVE -- Internal name, don't change this part. It's used as name inside extension code because it's more clear than using TXT0001, TXT0002, etc..., i.e.
=> "as well as the output" -- Change the content inside quotes (single or double quotes, doesn't mind).
larkyv

Post by larkyv »

Naguissa wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm

NO:

NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_GIVE -- Internal name, don't change this part. It's used as name inside extension code because it's more clear than using TXT0001, TXT0002, etc..., i.e.
=> "as well as the output" -- Change the content inside quotes (single or double quotes, doesn't mind).
Oh good, thank you! Glad I asked.... I will give this a try today, and see how it goes.
menz01

Post by menz01 »

larkyv wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:04 pm
Naguissa wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm

NO:

Oh good, thank you! Glad I asked.... I will give this a try today, and see how it goes.
good luck!! please report back on your results and if you feel like sharing your edits
larkyv

Post by larkyv »

It worked perfectly! And I'm more than happy to share the edited files. Now if I could only figure out where to change the text color of the "These users liked the author for the post:" line, that would be great. I'm SO out in left field with phpbb 3.2.2 - the last version I used was 2.015.... which was way simple to tweak compared to this version.

I didn't tweak the email file, as we don't need that functionality.

Hmm. I don't see anywhere to attach a .zip of the files.

Return to “Extensions in Development”