[3.2][3.3][RC] Privacy Policy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
david63

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by david63 »

When an extension is not appearing in the ACP then 99 times out of 100 it is because you have the wrong directory structure. You should have [board root]/ext/david63/privacypolicy/[files and folders]

There is no need to CHMOD any files when installing any extension.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
fabioganga

Post by fabioganga »

david63 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:35 pm
When an extension is not appearing in the ACP then 99 times out of 100 it is because you have the wrong directory structure. You should have [board root]/ext/david63/privacypolicy/[files and folders]

There is no need to CHMOD any files when installing any extension.
Thanks a million David, now it works, adding a subfolder "privacypolicy" under "david63" and moving the files in there. I am very grateful to you all.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Thanks fir the extension, I installed it, setup a test account, and went to that accounts ucp,

I see the "Privacy data button" I clicked it and see the text.

But how do the users accept or unaccept the privacy policy, all I see is

"Policy acceptance date:
Policy has not been accepted"

Thanks again

Peace
mdkdio

Post by mdkdio »

david63 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:14 am
@mdkdio - both of those lists of modules are incorrect. I am not sure but it looks as if you may not have updated correctly.
Thanks David!
Odd since the local installation is a clean install of phpbb 3.2.2 and not even set up with any categories etc yet...
My suggestion would be to disable and delete data for the extension and then via ACP > System > Module management ensure that all of the modules have been removed as there is currently a bug in phpBB core whereby some modules are not always removed. After having done that you should be OK to re-install.
I will try those steps, see what happens
Thanks a mill!!

/mdkdio
KinGWoK

Post by KinGWoK »

Hi,

I have a strange thing going on, with the ext.

When I open a link in a forum email (my own forum, with admin status) , and I want to reply the topic, it shows a popup saying, that I didn't accepted the cookie policy, can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong, maybe a setting is set wrong ??

Thanks..
mdkdio

Post by mdkdio »

mdkdio wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:11 pm

My suggestion would be to disable and delete data for the extension and then via ACP > System > Module management ensure that all of the modules have been removed as there is currently a bug in phpBB core whereby some modules are not always removed. After having done that you should be OK to re-install.
I will try those steps, see what happens
Thanks a mill!!

/mdkdio
Looks like that did the trick :)
Only dif from your instructions that I did, was deleting the files under ext/david63/privacypolicy and re-uploaded them again.

So now all I need to complete this, is to translate it into Swedish again :)

Thanks a mill !!! Much appreciated!!
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Hi David!
david63 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 pm
Requirements: phpBB 3.2.0
Update to 3.2.2 requirement? ;)
Spanish translation ready... :P
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

david63

Post by david63 »

Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:26 pm
Update to 3.2.2 requirement?
RC6 will be
TheButcher2 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:09 pm
But how do the users accept or unaccept the privacy policy, all I see is
Set "Force privacy acceptance" to Yes
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

david63 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Where is that in the ACP if I may ask. All I see is enable the extension, can not find any where to modify, edit or make changes.

Peace
TomaGo

Post by TomaGo »

Hello,

I have an issue with your extension and "autogroup" extension.

When somebody try to register, just after the first registration page the user get this error :

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 3 passed to phpbb\autogroups\conditions\type\base::__construct() must be an instance of phpbb\language\language, instance of phpbb\user given, called in /home/qflohhnw/public_html/forum/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php on line 1544 and defined in /home/qflohhnw/public_html/forum/ext/phpbb/autogroups/conditions/type/base.php:57 Stack trace: #0 /home/qflohhnw/public_html/forum/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(1544): phpbb\autogroups\conditions\type\base->__construct(Object(phpbb_cache_container), Object(phpbb\db\driver\factory), Object(phpbb\user), 'phpbb_autogroup...', 'phpbb_autogroup...', './', 'php') #1 /home/qflohhnw/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php(297): phpbb_cache_container->getDavid63_Privacypolicy_Autogroups_Type_PpacceptService() #2 /home/qflohhnw/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(442): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->g in /home/qflohhnw/public_html/forum/ext/phpbb/autogroups/conditions/type/base.php on line 57
I have desactivated your extension for the moment.

Thank you for your work David

Thomas
Acorn

Post by Acorn »

TheButcher2 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:34 pm
david63 wrote:

Where is that in the ACP if I may ask. All I see is enable the extension, can not find any where to modify, edit or make changes.

Peace
Go to the 'Extensions' tab in the ACP and scroll down the menu on the left to 'Privacy policy settings'.
Getting braver all the time. :D
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Acorn wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:59 pm
TheButcher2 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:34 pm
david63 wrote:

Peace
Go to the 'Extensions' tab in the ACP and scroll down the menu on the left to 'Privacy policy settings'.

Great I did that stuff saved it, now I can not login to ACP as admin nor can I go to my own UCP, what do I do now mate
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

actually any link I click on my board redirects to the index page, this is not good, any ideas how to get into ACP disable this extension like now please.

Peace
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

This is really serious, anyone have a clue how to access admin panel and delete this extension, the board is now royally fucked up.

Peace
david63

Post by david63 »

TheButcher2 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:21 pm
actually any link I click on my board redirects to the index page
Links appear to be working for me - obviously I cannot say about accessing ACP/UCP as I do not have a login.
TomaGo wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:38 pm
I have an issue with your extension and "autogroup" extension.
You are not using a release - if you download and install files from github that are still in development then you can expect problems (incidentally that problem is fixed)
David

Return to “Extensions in Development”