BBcode support for drafts

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
Toxyy

BBcode support for drafts

Post by Toxyy »

A client of mine brought up that their wysiwg editor wasn't working for post drafts. I actually just made a draft here, and let him know that in order to get bbcode working again, all he had to do was click on load/edit draft, like so:
https://i.snag.gy/VeXLoM.jpg

But why, when viewing the draft, does it look like this mess?:
http://shorturl.at/betK3

I don't really see a need to have it look like that when viewing a draft, should you not be able to edit it with the full bbcode editor in your user profile without having to load the draft? It seems both ways of going about it lead to the same result, but I cannot think as to why all of those tags that only get processed by the back end need to be shown to the user in the first place.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: BBcode support for drafts

Post by 3Di »

That's not an idea IMO, to me it seems an assumption that what you see in the draft is the result desired by the programmers, which is obviously false. :) Has been already discussed, a bug has been filed in the tracker also, if I correctly recall. Simply, that view isn't yet parsed.
it's just a matter to find someone who volunteers to create a Pull Request in order to fix it.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

3Di wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:26 pm That's not an idea IMO, to me it seems an assumption that what you see in the draft is the result desired by the programmers, which is obviously false. :) Has been already discussed, a bug has been filed in the tracker also, if I correctly recall. Simply, that view isn't yet parsed.
it's just a matter to find someone who volunteers to create a Pull Request in order to fix it, the job isn't so hard at a first glance.
I might have to end up doing that if they won't listen to my workaround. Didn't know that a ticket was already made, should I add it to the idea or?
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Again, that's not an idea at all.

Here's the tracker: https://tracker.phpbb.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
You could try to find the ticket and read it, and offer your solution.
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

I didn't know the proper forum to make a post about this, I figured this would be the best place. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Some of my extensions:
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Toxyy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:32 pm I didn't know the proper forum to make a post about this, I figured this would be the best place. Thanks, I'll check it out.
https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15329
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

3Di wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:35 pm
Toxyy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:32 pm I didn't know the proper forum to make a post about this, I figured this would be the best place. Thanks, I'll check it out.
https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15329
Thanks!

Some of my extensions:
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Ideas Bot wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:14 pm should you not be able to edit it with the full bbcode editor in your user profile without having to load the draft?
This could be the only idea here, which anyway I don't think will see the sunlight, for various and contingent reasons. Hence my vote remains negative. I agree that the view must be rendered at least, that's why the ticket.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

What WYSIWYG editor?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “phpBB Ideas”