I am a newly registered user on phpBB.com .
I am here to introduce my atypical style for phpBB 3.1.10 (fully compatible with phpBB 3.1.9 too).
Its current name is Legacy (please note it's not related to the - discontinued? - Abhishek Srivastava's style for phpBB 3.0.x, it's a completely different project based on subSilver2 instead of proSilver).
Being myself a board administrator, I've originally created that style for an unique website: in the beginning, I just wanted to edit the default board style in the aim of lowering the browser requirements (significantly higher since phpBB 3.1). After all, that website talks about Retro Computing, so it would have been interesting to get a better compatibility on legacy systems (therefore the style name).
Eventually, the project evolved to become more ambitious: a lighter and more advanced style, not just a style for ancient computers. I also fixed several bugs existing on both proSilver and subSilver2. That's why I decided to release my style here. I've worked on it for several months.
List of main changes
- Fix the incorrect page number inside <title> HTML tag, on forums with a not default "Topics per page" value. That bug applies to both proSilver and subSilver2 on any browser!
- Fix the contact profile fields bug (the links for Google+, Facebook, Skype, Twitter, YouTube actually never appear in memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile on subSilver2, regardless your profile settings).
- The "Poll:" mention is always absent in search results with subSilver2. Fix that anomaly.
- Better support of older browsers (in essence, the same requirements than phpBB 2.0/3.0).
- core.js and jQuery are not loaded at all, making the style dawn fast (that perhaps reduces the extension compatibility, but subSilver2-based styles don't support a lot of them since phpBB 3.1, anyway), all dependencies are removed (the style is shipped with its own editor.js file).
- Some proSilver features were added on that subSilver2-based style: the ability to select all the [code] content, the ability to search all user's posts directly from the memberlist and the mini-profile on the topic screen, unread forums' and topics' icons are now clickable, unread subforums icons, the administrator can display the "last active" or custom profiles columns on memberlist.
- It becomes more easier to make ASCII art with the [code] tag (no need to add a custom BBcode tag)
Legacy style, with the default color palette (deliberately an old-school design ) If you don't like it, you can easily change the color palette by editing stylesheet.css Download links
Legacy 1.2.0 is actually designed for phpBB 3.2.0, but it should be usable on phpBB 3.1.10 too...
Any comment would be appreciated