[Submit Button Doesn't Work] Can't Post List Of Soundcloud URL's [Posting.php Error]

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [Submit Button Doesn't Work] Can't Post List Of Soundcloud URL's [Posting.php Error]

Post by Mick »

It would be much better if you copied and pasted them to James (HiFiKabin) in a PM.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: [Submit Button Doesn't Work] Can't Post List Of Soundcloud URL's [Posting.php Error]

Post by HiFiKabin »

Thanks Mick, I was just going to ask the same.

If you can't find the page you got the SoundCloud BBCode from, just post the BBCode and HTML you are using in the BBCode part of the ACP
Lownoise

Post by Lownoise »

Mick wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:01 pm It would be much better if you copied and pasted them to James (HiFiKabin) in a PM.
Sure will do :)
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice!
Trance Vizion ● (Trance Music Discussion Board). www.trancevizion.nl
Lownoise

Post by Lownoise »

HiFiKabin wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 pm Thanks Mick, I was just going to ask the same.

If you can't find the page you got the SoundCloud BBCode from, just post the BBCode and HTML you are using in the BBCode part of the ACP
I'll try to figure it out. Please check PM :D
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin »

Using the following:-

BBCode:

Code: Select all

[soundcloud]{URL}[/soundcloud]
HTML:

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url={URL}&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false"></iframe>
Helpline:

Use the track URL taken from your browser address bar: example [soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/forss/speech-craft-no-sleep-til-dawn-remix-by-forss[/soundcloud]
all 47 links you supplied show correctly on my locally hosted test forum. I can not test on my live forum as my hosts have blocked <iframe> from being used.

I suspect its a timeout or some other issue with your hosting company as the above page took a long time to render fully.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Was that 47 in one post? I think the OP was reaching a brick wall after 12 or 13 in one post.
    " - Harmony Cobel
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin »

Yes Mick. I started small and worked up to see if I hit a problem. I didn't even at 47 links.

phpBB 3.2.2. XAMPP php 7.2.1 W10 64 bit
Lownoise

Post by Lownoise »

Mick wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 am Was that 47 in one post? I think the OP was reaching a brick wall after 12 or 13 in one post.
I have splitted the post in 3 seperate posts now but still got the "save posting.php" when hitting the "Submit" button lol.. but I clicked the button 10 or 15 times (click, escape, click escape etc.) and suddenly it got posted :lol: Weird as hell! :roll: :?:
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Have you spoken to your host?
    " - Harmony Cobel
Lownoise

Post by Lownoise »

Mick wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:38 am Have you spoken to your host?
Nope.. Not sure if it has something to do with them.. maybe a phpBB 3.2.2. bug??
Anyway it got posted now.. maybe not in 1 post but who cares.. It's not that often that I get to post 47 Soundcloud links 8-)

Thanks for ur help guys! Really appriciated..
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

How can it be a 3.2.2 bug? I managed to post the links here and James posted 47 without an issue and, if it were a phpBB bug there would be dozens of people reporting it and there are none. I suggest you create a ticket in the bug tracker and speak to your host. I’ll mark this as solved.
    " - Harmony Cobel
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin »

Posting the links without the posted soundcloud BBCode is instant. With the posted BBCode it takes 5-7 seconds. Obviously if it was online it WILL take longer hence my thinking its some sort of timeout.

Have you tried the BBCode I posted?
Lownoise

Post by Lownoise »

HiFiKabin wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:56 am Posting the links without the posted soundcloud BBCode is instant. With the posted BBCode it takes 5-7 seconds. Obviously if it was online it WILL take longer hence my thinking its some sort of timeout.

Have you tried the BBCode I posted?
You mean the Iframe one?
Lownoise

Post by Lownoise »

HiFiKabin wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:38 am Yes, that one
Doesn't work, it just posts the iframe link without any video/player that appears. Must be because I haven't installed the correct extension for that, my installation doesn't read those lines probably because that is the Advanced BBCode Box extension?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”