enter a valid email wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:04 pm
I drive insane with the GDPR...
I read in German many different Case so far so god.
But what does I mean for my Forum?
For example "Affin" delete his account so every Personal Information must be deleted.
That mean also every think who Contain the Username "Affin". Every Quote...
So how does the Software do it?
The Joomla Usergroup work on the problem to geht Joomla 100% Compliant.
There are multiple plug-ins that you can find in order to facilitate your compliancy. Simply put, the core phpBB software does not contain any extra features built for the GDPR. To summarize the points brought up in the many pages of this thread:
- Compliancy will always be different for all sites and software users that wish to be compliant, and implementing core functionality could result in unneeded features, or the general assumption that you are compliant by default, even if you may not be.
- Not everyone is subject to the law
- Foreign websites, even when subject, don't have to follow it because the EU can't do a thing about it if they're not physically present within the EU
- It'd ultimately be a waste of time, as the GDPR will likely not last.
- Forums generally do not collect personal information
- US websites and technology companies are actually exempt from the law under the little-known CDA 230, which states that loose regulation is key to online innovation, and this may only be overridden through federal, state, or even local level legislation (not international).
If you yourself are missing features that you wish to see, there are extension request boards on this forum that you would be able to use to request such functionality.
(Also, to add additional complexity, German case law will not always be equal to the case law of other countries within the EU where your other users are from - so there's that, too.)