Email adresse update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
PELP
Name: Poul Erik Lind Pedersen

Email adresse update

Post by PELP » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:41 pm

I am running a 3.2.1 board, and I have an issue with usere email adresses.

Normally the user has to change his/her email adresse in UCP/Profile settings/account, confirming the change with their password.

When our board was first set up, there was made a custom field in the user profile containing their email adresse. This resulted in the adresse being shown in their profile to other members, but it also resulted in users changing their email adresse in their profile instead of in their account. This again resultet in them not getting notifications and other mails from the system, because their email was in fact not changed in the system.

I then deactivated email field in their profile, but then they can´t see each others email adresse and this is unsatisfactory. What I would like to do, is have the correct email adresse from the users account information shown in their profile - without the ability to make changes to it there-, so that they only have to change it in one place when they get a new adresse.

I hope this makes sense as it has become an issue with several of our users.

Poul Erik Lind Pedersen

Board administrator
DFAC - Danmarks Frie AutoCampere
https://dfac.dk
https://dfac.dk/fritforum

Slayer00
Translator

Re: Email adresse update

Post by Slayer00 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:48 pm

This will show your email address on your profile page by default.
UCP -> Board preferences -> Edit global settings -> Users can contact me by email: Yes

You need to hover over text Send email to USERNAME to see the email address and if you wish to send an email and have email client installed you just need to click that text.
However by default if you aren't logged in you can't view anyone's profile page.

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: Email adresse update

Post by kinerity » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:29 pm

Slayer00 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:48 pm
You need to hover over text Send email to USERNAME to see the email address and if you wish to send an email and have email client installed you just need to click that text.
That's not how that works. You need to set "Hide email addresses" to No under Email settings in the ACP for email addresses to show when hovering over that link.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”