Bcrypt email addresses?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
I've Been Banned!

Re: Bcrypt email addresses?

Post by 2600 »

I followed the TrueCrypt audit and so since there are no back doors, I'll stick with it. Vercrypt hasn't been audited so I'm not using it and I heard it was slow.

SFX works for me. It's AES encrypted and you can't alter it.

I don't need M-disk for password backup. DVD/RW works fine. M-disk is more for long term storage.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

John connor wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:31 amI heard it was slow
That's dangerous superficial knowledge: the verification has been hardened, thus a bruteforce attack needs much more time. As a result, the mounting process is a bit slower, of course. The overall crypting process has been optimized and thus is faster.
John connor wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:31 amSFX works for me. It's AES encrypted
The executable is surely not encrypted and that's what I'm talking about, not the payload. Never use an executable when you can avoid it.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

If you don't think the executable is encrypted then try to decrypt one.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Does this look encrypted to you?
20180830 what is a Win32 executable.png
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

You didn't decrypt it. What's in the .exe?
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

I've been talking about the executable, and I addressed just that. If you want you can tell me why you choose an executable over just an archive. It's one thing to not being able to tell the executable apart from its payload in a file, but it's another thing to repeatedly ignore me.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

You said the following:
The executable is surely not encrypted and that's what I'm talking about, not the payload. Never use an executable when you can avoid it.
And I'm saying the whole enchilada is in fact encrypted. There is no way you can decrypt it.. The file is encrypted and so is the file name using AES 256.

I chose the 7Zip SFX archive since I know it would be a real bugger to try and crack/bruteforce, etc.

Why shouldn't I use an executable? I don't see why I shouldn't. No one is cracking what's in it except maybe the NSA or NASA's super computers.

That hex view means nothing. It doesn't provide its contents.

44 69 64 20 49 20 70 75 74 20 61 20 68 65 78 20 6f 6e 20 79 6f 75 3f
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”