Forum update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Cliff Evans

Forum update

Post by Cliff Evans »

Can anybody please help to update a forum. I just have not got the nohow to do it, and I know that I will not be able to do it. Pic shows version etc.
Screenshot 2018-09-06 06.38.22.png
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Forum update

Post by Mick »

It's not allowed to hire through this board, however, there are plenty of reputable people around here. We suggest you take a look at the signatures of prominent team or community members who offer their services and send these people a private message. Or we can help you in the support forums, for free!

The instructions for updating 3.2 are simple enough, see Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x, just follow the instructions verbatim.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Sorry Mick. i am not asking to hire, just to get some help! If anybody can and wishes me to make a donation to charity or something, that is different. But yes if somebody could help, that is all I am asking. I did try updating once befor and it stopped working, had to restore from backup but even that I had problems with!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Our rules prohibit soliciting both paid and unpaid private assistance.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

so, exactly what problems are you having with updating/upgrading?

have you attempted to follow the instructions posted in the reply above?

if so, what happened. if not, then give it a try and see what happens.

updating from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 is very quick and easy as long as you have and know how to use ftp.

\
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Cliff Evans wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:40 am Can anybody please help to update a forum. I just have not got the nohow to do it, and I know that I will not be able to do it. Pic shows version etc.

Screenshot 2018-09-06 06.38.22.png
Most users probably started installing phpbb without sufficient knowledge of phpbb, not to mention php, apache, mysql etc.. and mess something up in the beginning.
A way to avoid that is to test on your local PC using a personal webserver (WAMP, LAMP, EAsyPHP, etc...), free to download and play around with, and no risk of doing something irrepairable.
Updating is something will wil be necessary again in the future, and most probably upgrading also.
So my suggestion = download a personal webserver package, play around with it, take a backup of your online forum, install it on localhost, and try to update it. 2 hours of spare time each day, and by Monday you should be confident enough to update your forum yourself.

Personal opinion: you want to update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. >> I would wait until 3.2.3 is available (otherwise you may have to manually edit some core files) and use the time to get some experience with phpbb.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Forum now updated. Thank you very musch to janus_zonstraal for all the help and guidence. Very very much appreciated.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”