[3.2][DEV] Ticket Tracker

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
donsenilo
Name: Markus

Re: [3.2][DEV] Trackers

Post by donsenilo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:04 pm

kinerity wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:26 pm
A little sneak peak (click for full size). ;)

Hmm ... sorry ! I don't get it ... or I'm obviously to stupid :?
I have nothing like "Bug Tracker" in the menue and also nothing in ACP where I can change options ...
I have only a new entry called "Trackers" with the same entries like in quicklaunch.

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: [3.2][DEV] Ticket Tracker

Post by kinerity » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 pm

There are no options yet. You should only be using this for testing and only if you know what you're doing. Otherwise, please wait.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

nou nou

Post by nou nou » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:21 pm

Every time I see any activity on that Github repo my nerdy heart does a little jump :D

durangod

Post by durangod » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:22 pm

This is such a great idea and we need this bad for our new forum.. Do you have an expectation on your roadmap when this might be available as an official extension in the extensions directory?

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by kinerity » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:27 pm

durangod wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:22 pm
Do you have an expectation on your roadmap when this might be available as an official extension in the extensions directory?
There is currently no time frame. You can follow the GitHub repository for updates. I'll obviously keep everyone updated.

durangod

Post by durangod » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:41 pm

I didnt see anything on the user menu and nothing in ACP... is it to where we can assign project yet?

So i created a project manually in the DB

projectid 1
trackerid 1
name name of project
desc
note
private 0
active 1

and was able to pull it up on the board side and looks good..

so i created a second project in the db

projectid 2
trackerid 1
name name of project
desc
note
private 0
active 1

so far so good.... nice work

so for those that want to set up data manually until its developed further here is basically how it works so far that i have learned..

you have the project id which is autoincrement, each project id needs to have a tracker id which is one of 4 choices which is outlined in the trackers trackers table.... so for the project tracker id youll choose 1 - incident 2- security tracker 3- bug tracker 4- feature tracker

so if you have one project then you will have 4 project records for that one project.

:) once i get the data loaded i want to see what it will do, because all we need is minimal function and we will be fine until its dev further.

update here is the query i have been running, i have two projects but ill describe how you do one with this.... just change the second value to 1 2 3 or 4 and then change the text for name and description and note and execute... you need 4 records per project so run this 4 times.

INSERT INTO `phpbb_trackers_project` (`project_id`, `tracker_id`, `project_name`, `project_description`, `project_note`, `project_private`, `project_active`) VALUES
(NULL, '1', 'Incidents Open Source', 'This is for incidents regarding our free open source project', 'Please keep others involved in what you are working on. ', '0', '1');

just remember to change the second value and also the text... and thats it... on the name field you need to fit it to one line only because that is all that will display in the user side.

durangod

Post by durangod » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:21 pm

well i was keeping my fingers crossed that once i got the basic data input for the project, ticket, and severity i would be able to atleast post replies so we could use this as is...

But its not to be, its a long long way from completion but you are on the right track sir... (pardon the pun) i love the layout and the simplicity of the DB design. nice work.... if i knew more about phpbb controllers and their classes i could help but i know nothing about that with phpbb... so ill deactivate it for now and just wish you the best of luck with your project :)

happy days may your coding be true and your bugs few... dave

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by kinerity » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 am

durangod wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:21 pm
well i was keeping my fingers crossed that once i got the basic data input for the project, ticket, and severity i would be able to atleast post replies so we could use this as is...

But its not to be, its a long long way from completion
Which is why it is listed as [DEV] right now.
durangod wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:21 pm
sir
I'm female as an FYI. :)

durangod

Post by durangod » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:49 am

Sorry about that, i was typing a bunch of letters today and i guess i just got in the habbit of using sir.... no offense intended.. :)

I will say what you have done so far is really good. It all works until it gets to the reply with the data loaded manually... nice job

Return to “Extensions in Development”