Web logo only shows in chrome

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
insus100

Web logo only shows in chrome

Post by insus100 »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.3
What is your board's URL? https://forum.sa-pp.com/
Who do you host your board with? OVH
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.2.2
What styles do you currently have installed? Quarto Asphalt
What language(s) is your board currently using? English, Portuguese Brazilian
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I updated but it has nothing to do with my problem, as it was already happening before the update.
Please describe your problem. Hello everyone, thanks for reading my support request.
My problem is that I have a logo in my forum, which only shows in Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer, but not in Chrome.
The logo format is .svg.
You can check it out, open this link with Chrome and Edge, you'll see the logo in Edge only:
https://forum.sa-pp.com/
Generated by SRT Generator
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Web logo only shows in chrome

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

it also works just fine in firefox.

I would suggest that you convert it to a different file format like png and see what happens.
since it works everywhere but chrome that would certainly suggest that it is a problem with the chrome browser.
chrome has a lot of problems since the last few updates to the browser.

you probably need to ask in a chrome forum about how to fix its issues.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

Chrome doesn't have a problem with displaying svg images it must be something with the style blocking it.
Last edited by Mick on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quoting.
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
insus100

Post by insus100 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:37 pm I would suggest that you convert it to a different file format like png and see what happens.
since it works everywhere but chrome that would certainly suggest that it is a problem with the chrome browser.
chrome has a lot of problems since the last few updates to the browser.
I'll try it, thanks.
Mannix_ wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:58 pm Chrome doesn't have a problem with displaying svg images it must be something with the style blocking it.
Then why is it the only browser that does not show it?
EA117

Post by EA117 »

Looks like the site is currently solved using a true .PNG version of the logo. Not sure what your prior non-working .SVG image actually was, but the one at https://forum.sa-pp.com/styles/quarto_a ... e_logo.svg looks like it's an .SVG that contains only a PNG bitmap and no actual vector image. In whatever scenario wasn't working, makes me wonder if the vector image (or absence thereof) is what was being rendered.

Viewing the bitmap-based https://forum.sa-pp.com/styles/quarto_a ... e_logo.svg off your site now looks fine in Chrome 69.0.3497.100 Windows 10 x64 from here, for what it's worth; if that .SVG is even related to the one you were having issue with.

The reference to "maybe styles" in the face of a Chrome-specific behavior you're seeing was to suggest that something agent-specific (browser-specific) in the CSS was overriding or dropping the image only in specific circumstances. Because I agree, Chrome has no general issue in being able to handle SVG.
insus100

Post by insus100 »

EA117 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:26 pm The reference to "maybe styles" in the face of a Chrome-specific behavior you're seeing was to suggest that something agent-specific (browser-specific) in the CSS was overriding or dropping the image only in specific circumstances. Because I agree, Chrome has no general issue in being able to handle SVG.
Actually I think it was not working because I set the wrong resolution in common.css, which I fixed while changing to the .png logo. Anyway I'm leaving the .png logo as it looks better than the svg one.
Thanks for your help.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”