[3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Version 0.2.0 listens to an event of the Calendar Auto Archive extension

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 pm

All extensions of the Calendar Extension Set require the PHP calendar extension enabled. To see if your PHP has the calendar functions enabled (I guess with in most distributions this will be the case), you can check the PHP information in the ACP, and search for "calendar".

Image

User avatar
canonknipser
Registered User
Posts: 2023
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 am
Location: Germany
Name: Frank Jakobs
Contact:

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by canonknipser » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:09 pm

martti wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 pm
To see if your PHP has the calendar functions enabled
You can check it in the ext.php of your extension. It prevents your extension from installing. See https://github.com/canonknipser/viewexi ... hp#L26-L32 as an example
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:09 pm
martti wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 pm
To see if your PHP has the calendar functions enabled
You can check it in the ext.php of your extension. It prevents your extension from installing. See https://github.com/canonknipser/viewexi ... hp#L26-L32 as an example
Ok, thanks. I'll do that.

User avatar
Alex Grigoras
Registered User
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: Galati
Name: Grigoras Alex
Contact:

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by Alex Grigoras » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:44 am

Good extension !

Try to make an update in the future to show on the first page the events that we created with the calendar:

Something like this: https://imgur.com/dJw66yc

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:17 am

Alex Grigoras wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:44 am
Good extension !

Try to make an update in the future to show on the first page the events that we created with the calendar:

Something like this: https://imgur.com/dJw66yc
Ok, I take into consideration making an extension for that.

leschek
Registered User
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by leschek » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:37 pm

LapouX wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:57 pm

When I create a new topic I can enter a date.
When I modify the 1st post of this topic I can't modify the date or Add a date if none was enter at the creation.
I have the very same problem. When I try to edit first post of topic I can't enter date, because there are not fields for it.

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:33 am

leschek wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:37 pm
LapouX wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:57 pm

When I create a new topic I can enter a date.
When I modify the 1st post of this topic I can't modify the date or Add a date if none was enter at the creation.
I have the very same problem. When I try to edit first post of topic I can't enter date, because there are not fields for it.
This is actually an issue of the Calendar Mono Input extension so I will continue there.

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Version 0.3.0 includes the fisharebest/ext-calendar dependency. This provides a fallback for servers that don't have the PHP calendar functions enabled.
When you don't have PHP compiled with --enable-calendar be sure to download the build with the vendor directory included (See the latest Release) or run composer update in the root of this extension.

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Version 0.4.0:

Removes again the fisharebest/ext-calendar dependency. Instead, when you can't have the PHP calendar functions (PHP compiled with --enable-calendar), install the PHP Ext Calendar extension.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 25229
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:44 pm
Location: The netherlands.
Name: Paul Sohier
Contact:

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by Paul » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:34 pm

martti wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:28 pm
Version 0.4.0:

Removes again the fisharebest/ext-calendar dependency. Instead, when you can't have the PHP calendar functions (PHP compiled with --enable-calendar), install the PHP Ext Calendar extension.
No, you really should not be doing it like this. You should add a composer dependency in your extension that needs it, and include it in your build. Starting with phpBB 3.3, when installing extensions from the acp will automatically install dependencies.
Adding a extra extension will only cause extra overhead.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Paul wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:34 pm
martti wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:28 pm
Version 0.4.0:

Removes again the fisharebest/ext-calendar dependency. Instead, when you can't have the PHP calendar functions (PHP compiled with --enable-calendar), install the PHP Ext Calendar extension.
No, you really should not be doing it like this. You should add a composer dependency in your extension that needs it, and include it in your build. Starting with phpBB 3.3, when installing extensions from the acp will automatically install dependencies.
Adding a extra extension will only cause extra overhead.
These are multiple extensions forming together a flexible Calendar Set. They all need the PHP calendar functions. It will create a conflict when the same dependency is add multiple times. Besides, you only need this when you can't have PHP compiled with the calendar functions. If you can (normally no problem), you should this consider first.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 25229
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:44 pm
Location: The netherlands.
Name: Paul Sohier
Contact:

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by Paul » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:58 pm

No, there should not be any conflict. You should simply have the required depended in your composer.json and it should work
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

User avatar
martti
Registered User
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by martti » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Paul wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:58 pm
No, there should not be any conflict. You should simply have the required depended in your composer.json and it should work
Do you have references to your claims? Declaring the same function multiple times will result in a Can not redeclare fatal error imho.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 25229
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:44 pm
Location: The netherlands.
Name: Paul Sohier
Contact:

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Mono

Post by Paul » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Composer dependencies are autoloaded and will be included only once.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions in Development”