[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Graschi

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by Graschi »

Graschi wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:30 am Hi all

I am using this plugin. I found out that links in the privacy policy are blocked even if they are external ones (e.g. links to Wikipedia..).

I guess external links should not be blocked, only internal ones so that the use of the board is blocked but external sides can be visited.

How can I enable external links?

Best regards
Chris
Any idea here?
The same problem seems to exist when cookies are not accepted. I can not open the link in the cookie notes until I accept the cookie notes.
david63

Post by david63 »

If it is causing such a major problem then don't block all links.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Graschi

Post by Graschi »

david63 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 am If it is causing such a major problem then don't block all links.
If I do not block links, everyone can use the board even if cookies are not accepted.
Configuration: https://ibb.co/kcP4W9
alex75
Name: Alessandro

Post by alex75 »

I report it, an error that may occur during the registration of a user, with the rc6 version of the extension and phpbb 3.2.3
Commenting on line 281, the problem disappears.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function update_auto_groups() on null in /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/ext/david63/privacypolicy/event/listener.php:281 Stack trace: #0 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(184): david63\privacypolicy\event\listener->update_auto_groups(Object(root_forum\event\data), 'core.user_add_a...', Object(root_forum\event\dispatcher)) #1 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(46): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Array, 'core.user_add_a...', Object(root_forum\event\data)) #2 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/root_forum/event/dispatcher.php(62): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch('core.user_add_a...', Object(root_forum\event\data)) #3 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/root_forum/event/dispatcher.php(46): root_forum\event\dispatcher->dispatch('core.user_add_a...', Object(root_forum\event\data)) #4 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/includes/functions_user.php(413): root_forum\event\dispatcher->trigger_event('core.user_ in /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/ext/david63/privacypolicy/event/listener.php on line 281
david63

Post by david63 »

alex75 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:15 pm I report it, an error that may occur during the registration of a user, with the rc6 version of the extension and phpbb 3.2.3
Commenting on line 281, the problem disappears.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function update_auto_groups() on null in /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/ext/david63/privacypolicy/event/listener.php:281 Stack trace: #0 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(184): david63\privacypolicy\event\listener->update_auto_groups(Object(root_forum\event\data), 'core.user_add_a...', Object(root_forum\event\dispatcher)) #1 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(46): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Array, 'core.user_add_a...', Object(root_forum\event\data)) #2 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/root_forum/event/dispatcher.php(62): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch('core.user_add_a...', Object(root_forum\event\data)) #3 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/root_forum/event/dispatcher.php(46): root_forum\event\dispatcher->dispatch('core.user_add_a...', Object(root_forum\event\data)) #4 /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/includes/functions_user.php(413): root_forum\event\dispatcher->trigger_event('core.user_ in /membri/nomedominio/root_forum/ext/david63/privacypolicy/event/listener.php on line 281
That error was fixed ages ago in the latest download.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

Well with help on .de I have now adapted this to each of my styles. I only have to translate the manual to EN.
https://www.forum.my-tastenworld.ch/vie ... 243&t=3173

Unfortunately the function is definitely missing that you can deactivate the color of the cookie hint in the ACP. So as in the Policy . Because if you choose a monochrome background for the box, you have to set an !important more. https://www.forum.my-tastenworld.ch/dow ... &mode=view
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.
🎨 All my styles are updated to 3.3.8 and can be downloaded here
hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

Hi, my forum https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org is running on phpbb3 v. 3.2.3, and I have the Privacy Policy [RC] 2.1.0-rc6 installed and running a few months now..

Today I tried to register a new account to check if everything works fine when someone tries to do the same, and after filling the new account requested data and finally clicking "submit" the browser stops at "https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org/a ... e=register" showing the following error:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function update_auto_groups() on null in /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/ext/david63/privacypolicy/event/listener.php on line 281"..

then if I go back to the board I can see that the new member account has been registered, and it can be used.

Is there a way to solve this issue?
david63

Post by david63 »

hurghanico wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:29 pm Is there a way to solve this issue?
Re download the files - that error was fixed several months ago
David

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

david63 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:47 pm
hurghanico wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:29 pm Is there a way to solve this issue?
Re download the files - that error was fixed several months ago
Problem solved!
Thanks
david63

Post by david63 »

Qudis wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:35 pm Hello. Good extension!

There is a problem with Safari, the cookies policy accepting banner does not disappear by clicking the "accept" button.
Appears again on every visit.
Further to your PM I agree that this is not working on your site with Safari on an iPad. I suspect that this is probably to do with something else on the site - another extension, language pack, code changes, redirect
David

Qudis

Post by Qudis »

david63 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:43 am
Qudis wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:35 pm Hello. Good extension!

There is a problem with Safari, the cookies policy accepting banner does not disappear by clicking the "accept" button.
Appears again on every visit.
Further to your PM I agree that this is not working on your site with Safari on an iPad. I suspect that this is probably to do with something else on the site - another extension, language pack, code changes, redirect
@david63 thank you for your reply.

Is there an (easy) way to move it to the bottom of the page instead of the top, while looking for a permanent solution?
Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin »

Downloaded what David describes but does not appear in ACP?
johwin61

Post by johwin61 »

I had this extension up and running fine. Then it stopped, I think when Tapatalk was upgraded.

Then I uninstalled the Tapatalk thing and tried to get PrivacyPolicy working again.

I have reinstalled phpbb. Version is 3.2.3.
I have tried removing PrivacyPolicy by disabling data, deleting the extension files, purging the cache and then reinstalling it by uploading new files. But when I try to enable PrivacyPolicy I get the error message:
Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.

A module already exists: PRIVACY_POLICY
What else can I do? I really like PrivacyPolicy and want it back again.
david63

Post by david63 »

Affin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:29 pm Downloaded what David describes but does not appear in ACP?
You have the wrong directory structure - see first post of this topic.
johwin61 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:46 pm A module already exists: PRIVACY_POLICY
Manually delete that module via ACP
David

johwin61

Post by johwin61 »

Thanks, but isn't that what I already did when I disabled the extension PRIVACY_POLICY , deleted the extension’s data and deleted the extension’s files from the filesystem? Perhaps I don't understand what you say.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”