Checkout Field

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
Exclusive

Checkout Field

Post by Exclusive »

I need a checkout field before billing users in my forum, just like that of Woocommerce, How can this be done in phpBB?
Use Search Button to get Instant Results | Follow Forum Rules
Avoid Spams in the forum to prevent banning the offending account. | ⟿ Visit My Awesome phpBB Forum! ⬳

Best Web Hosting with 99.9% Uptime! | ✔ Buy Cheap Domain Names
david63

Re: Checkout Field

Post by david63 »

Perhaps if you were to explain what a "checkout" field is we may be able to help, but I suspect that you will need an extension to do it.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Exclusive

Post by Exclusive »

david63 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:21 pm Perhaps if you were to explain what a "checkout" field is we may be able to help, but I suspect that you will need an extension to do it.
A field in my membership page where users will enter their name, username and email before they can make payment!
Last edited by Exclusive on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avoid Spams in the forum to prevent banning the offending account. | ⟿ Visit My Awesome phpBB Forum! ⬳

david63

Post by david63 »

Exclusive wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:35 pm A field in my membership page
What is a "membership" page - there is no such thing in phpBB.

Please when you ask for help on something can you give full details - every time you pose a question we have to drag the relevant information out of you and it is becoming tiresome.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Exclusive

Post by Exclusive »

david63 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:41 pm
Exclusive wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:35 pm A field in my membership page
What is a "membership" page - there is no such thing in phpBB.

Please when you ask for help on something can you give full details - every time you pose a question we have to drag the relevant information out of you and it is becoming tiresome.
Sorry, Lemme break it down.
I created a VIP section in my forum. I also created a VIP group. Now, I restricted Registered Users from accessing the VIP section as only VIP members (users in VIP group) can access that forum (which they have to pay for) then I will move them manually to the group.

I created a membership page (membership.php) where users who are willing to pay for the VIP section can see it features and pay for the membership. I will like to add a field in the membership page where users will enter their name, username and email before the can make payment for the membership plan.

Hope it is clear to you now?

david63

Post by david63 »

And what do you propose doing with the data that is entered in these fields?
David

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive »

david63 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:09 am And what do you propose doing with the data that is entered in these fields?
Yes, this was a question I have been asking myself, this shows you know what I want. I want their data to be saved!

david63

Post by david63 »

Why do you want them to enter their username and email, which you are going to save, when that data is already in the database. As for their name that can be achieved by using a CPF
David

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive »

david63 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:59 am Why do you want them to enter their username and email, which you are going to save, when that data is already in the database. As for their name that can be achieved by using a CPF
Yes, I will like it that way, Just like a drop-down menu?

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Exclusive wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 am
david63 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:59 am Why do you want them to enter their username and email, which you are going to save, when that data is already in the database. As for their name that can be achieved by using a CPF
Yes, I will like it that way, Just like a drop-down menu?
Since you're requesting AND storing Real Names, make sure your TOR reflects that (and what you do with the info (visibility, etc...).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
david63

Post by david63 »

Exclusive wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 am I will like it that way,
The first golden rule of computing is that you do not store the same data more than once - it leads to confusion.

So next question - having stored this "personal" data what are you going to do with it.
david63 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:41 pm Please when you ask for help on something can you give full details - every time you pose a question we have to drag the relevant information out of you and it is becoming tiresome.
David

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive »

I don't need to store their data any longer since I have them already. So what I need I just a field, where all users (name) & email will be shown as a drop-down, then they can select there's before the payment (checkout).

david63

Post by david63 »

Exclusive wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:59 pm I don't need to store their data any longer since I have them already. So what I need I just a field, where all users (name) & email will be shown as a drop-down, then they can select there's before the payment (checkout).
That does not make sense.

A member has logged into your site and wants to join your VIP area so they go to a page and on that page is a drop-down list of all members from which they can select one and the same for the email address which means that johndoe who has an email of [email protected] could select marysmith with an email of [email protected]

What possible use can that be.

And you still have not told us what you are going to do with this data
David

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive »

This is a requirement the payment gateway requires me to provide on the payment page.
For the data, I think it should be sent to them or my email.

Hoping on you for this help, bro!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I seriously doubt that your payment processor requires this. It is such a major privacy issue.

you probably misunderstood what your payment processor is asking for.

maybe you should contact them and get that cleared up and then whatever it really is that you need we can help you figure it out.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “Extension Requests”