How too close/ turn off a member?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Affin
I've Been Banned!

Re: How too close/ turn off a member?

Post by Affin »

I know I'm not the best in English, but what I'm trying to say can not be so hard to understand either?

Ok, what's on my profile now? Just answer what it says under my username.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You mean where it says registered user? That's a rank title
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin »

KevC wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:23 am You mean where it says registered user? That's a rank title
Yes, I did not know that it was called rank users. But that's what I constantly tried to say. But if I'm banned we say, will it still be a registered user?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

If the account is banned or deactivated, the account still exists so it's still listed with a registered user rank (if you have ranks on).
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

With this extension:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... to_groups/

You can automatically place users in groups when they have a certain warning level, and lots of other reasons I haven't looked into. You can use this creatively to automatically place highly warned users into groups with a different rank and user color. I don't know if this is able to pick up on banned status or not.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin »

KevC wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:39 am If the account is banned or deactivated, the account still exists so it's still listed with a registered user rank (if you have ranks on).
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4

The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.

This person was apparently once a support or what he was but now it's forms. We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

That's just a rank title.
They have a different rank to you. Nothing more than that. They haven't been banned or anything.

users and groups > manage ranks
You can make a new rank called 'former user' or whatever you want and assign it to that person or a group they're in.
Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin »

KevC wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 am That's just a rank title.
They have a different rank to you. Nothing more than that. They haven't been banned or anything.
Are you kidding me?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

No.
I have a different rank title to you and to him.

It has no meaning other than to tell people what group you're in or to give people special titles like admin, moderator, team leader, VIP etc etc.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

KevC wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:45 am No.
I have a different rank title to you and to him.

It has no meaning other than to tell people what group you're in or to give people special titles like admin, moderator, team leader, VIP etc etc.
And it's possible that rank titles (and images) depend on the number of messages (and change automatically when a threshold is reached).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Who's on first
What's on second
I don't know third base
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

I'm not sure why the op glossed over the auto groups extension I referenced......
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin »

Do not think about it, but if it meets my requirements, I can install it. As I understand it's more for members' rankings, you've been a member so XXXX long you'll get this XXXX rank. Have you written many XXXX posts so you get this rank.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Affin wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm Do not think about it, but if it meets my requirements, I can install it. As I understand it's more for members' rankings, you've been a member so XXXX long you'll get this XXXX rank. Have you written many XXXX posts so you get this rank.
If you are referring to the auto groups extension Toxyy mentioned, the answer is no.
Ranks have nothing to do with groups. Ranks are a default phpBB feature to be found under ACP - Users and Groups - Manage Ranks. That's were you can define a rank and the postcount threshold, plus a specific image if wanted - completely independent from Groups.

The auto groups extension is an Extension, thus not present in phpBB by default, and it provides a new functionality which is automatically adding users to a specific group when certain criteria have been met.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Affin
I've Been Banned!

Post by Affin »

This is what I mean,look at the member's rank
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1345972

In my language, we do not use the word banned but off. When the member has been suspended, say 1 week or 1 month, I want him to be in the category, ranking or what it is called a member again. Hope you understand this time.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”