Discuss: phpBB 3.2.4 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.4 Release

Post by Mick »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:42 am
John connor wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:05 am
. . . what is a stache?
It's short for moustache but Bertie is too young to grow one yet.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

Crizzo wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:04 pm
Jphammer wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:02 pm Iv'e updated to 3.2.4 and I'm now getting white page when clicking on some topics but other topics are fine.

I can created topics and comment with no problems .

Please could someone help ?
Did you apply these changes: viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2492371 ?
I have just applied those changes and its has worked , thank you .
Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

I've tried to register as test account on my forum and im getting the following SQL Error

" Field 'mobile_password' doesnt have a default vale {1364} "

its only since the update the error has appeared . Is anyone else getting the same?

Please could someone help ?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Jphammer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:03 pm I've tried to register as test account on my forum and im getting the following SQL Error

That a phpBB support question or (I think) an extension support Q (field mobile password?)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

I don't think that there is any mobile password field in vanilla phpbb at least i haven't seen any. Smells more like an extension error.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

warmweer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:16 pm
Jphammer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:03 pm I've tried to register as test account on my forum and im getting the following SQL Error

That a phpBB support question or (I think) an extension support Q (field mobile password?)
I've disabled all my extensions but still no luck . they are all updated as well.
Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

GanstaZ wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 pm I don't think that there is any mobile password field in vanilla phpbb at least i haven't seen any.
First thing i looked for, but cant see any options for it .
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

since mobile password is not part of standard phpbb I would assume you need to either remove the module for it in your admin panel or search the database for that field and remove whatever it is from the database.

and I can't find any reference to that field on phpbb.com or even using google.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Ambis

Post by Ambis »

Do you guys have thumbnails working after updating to 3.2.4?

PHPInfo in phpbb3 admin shows the GD section and says it is enabled. I checked the Attachment options and everything should point it to being able to create thumbnails, but when I upload a 20 MB 2000x7000 file, it still shows the whole full image in the post. I can't find anything that's causing this.

Edit: My current live board does generate thumbnails with the same settings with 3.2.3. Some images, with Open Image from the post opens a link with &t=1 query param. My dev site does not do this.
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Ambis wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:43 am when I upload a 20 MB 2000x7000 file, it still shows the whole full image in the post.
Did you check the php error logs and server error logs for any "silent" error from the gd functions, like running out of memory?

As a alternative to gd, I developed a little extension using ImageMagick in a safe way to generate thumbnails.
The extension is just submitted to the extension DB for verification: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2492941 I suggest not to use it on a live board prior verification.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Ambis wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:43 am Do you guys have thumbnails working after updating to 3.2.4?

PHPInfo in phpbb3 admin shows the GD section and says it is enabled. I checked the Attachment options and everything should point it to being able to create thumbnails, but when I upload a 20 MB 2000x7000 file, it still shows the whole full image in the post. I can't find anything that's causing this.

Edit: My current live board does generate thumbnails with the same settings with 3.2.3. Some images, with Open Image from the post opens a link with &t=1 query param. My dev site does not do this.
If you require support, please post your problem there
Ambis

Post by Ambis »

canonknipser wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 am Did you check the php error logs and server error logs for any "silent" error from the gd functions, like running out of memory?
There's no errors in the logs :/ Not in phpbb3 logs and not in php logs.
canonknipser wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 am As a alternative to gd, I developed a little extension using ImageMagick in a safe way to generate thumbnails.
The extension is just submitted to the extension DB for verification: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2492941 I suggest not to use it on a live board prior verification.
So cool! :!: I subbed to the topic to wait for info about approval. Did you / can you add image reorientation using orientation metadata?
Ambis

Post by Ambis »

HiFiKabin wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:26 am If you require support, please post your problem there
Not requiring support, only asking if others are having the same problem. If none do, then I'll keep debugging it on my own.
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Ambis wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 am
HiFiKabin wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:26 am If you require support, please post your problem there
Not requiring support, only asking if others are having the same problem. If none do, then I'll keep debugging it on my own.
To help you start off debugging, you might want to read the section related to the fixed security issue on 3.2.4 in the announcement over here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2492206

I don't know the specifics myself, but it's related to the way thumbnails are generated, so that could very well be the cause of your problem. Like HiFiKabin said though, if you require further help on the issue, it'd be best to post in the support forums, for clarity's sake. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

Has anyone had issues with Youtube video's appearing since updating to 3.2.4 ?

On previous verison i was able to just put the link in and it would diplay the video.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”