Google Index Issues

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Yorkermiles
Name: Miles

Google Index Issues

Post by Yorkermiles »

I keep getting validation index issues with member list profiles such as this one below with Google Webmaster Tools:

https://norfolkbroadsforum.co.uk/member ... ofile&u=97

If I am having the issue then others must be too.

Any ideas how to fix this as Google keeps telling me it is an issue but I can't actually determine what e problem is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Google Index Issues

Post by KevC »

That page is not accessible to guests so it's likely to be the same for bots. It's not really a problem because there's no useful info on there for the bots to get at.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Yorkermiles wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:18 amvalidation index issues
the issue
it is an issue
That's way too vague - "issue" can be anything and nothing. We need more details, and if you don't understand what Google is telling you you may still quote the whole text, as we may understand.
Yorkermiles
Name: Miles

Post by Yorkermiles »

KevC wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:54 am That page is not accessible to guests so it's likely to be the same for bots. It's not really a problem because there's no useful info on there for the bots to get at.
Yes Google seems to have issues with forum URLs that are NIR accessible unless signed in.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Yorkermiles wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:49 am Yes Google seems to have issues with forum URLs that are NIR accessible unless signed in.
Depending on the permissions of the bot group Google is going to either be served the content or it will get permission denied page. You can test how pages appear to Google by switching the user agent on your browser, most have extension for doing this.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Discussion”