[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Toxyy

[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

Post by Toxyy »

Not likely to continue development seeing as there is an extension that does this for both posts and topics now :)

Extension Name: User Delete Topics
Author: toxyy
Extension Description: Allows users to be able to delete their own topics, even if other people have replied. Might extend this functionality to be able to delete their own posts if others have replied with another permission, not sure though.
Extension Version: 0.1.0
Extension Download: https://github.com/toxyy/userdeletetopi ... -0.1.0.zip
Github repository: https://github.com/toxyy/userdeletetopics
Languages: en
Templates: all
Requirements:
  • phpBB 3.2.6-RC1+?
  • PHP 7+ (maybe PHP 5 too, untested)
  • pr to add required mcp events for normal users deleting topics (ticket 15951)
Features:
Lets users (only soft) delete their own topics if others have replied. Maybe posts too in a future version.
Screenshots:
Last edited by Toxyy on Wed May 08, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
Toxyy

Re: [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

Post by Toxyy »

First version released. All the functionality is there, if no major bugs are found then I'll call this complete and move it from dev->beta->rc over time.

Depending on whether or not I decide to allow users to delete their posts within topics (that have replies after them) in this extension as well, the code may or may not change much, though I suspect that this is done."

Use at your own risk, this is still dev for a reason.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

Nice work
delete permanently or partially (soft delete)?
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

eunaumtenhoid wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:21 pm Nice work
delete permanently or partially (soft delete)?
Thank you!

Only soft deleting (which appears like permanently deleting to them), and mods can permanently delete it at their discretion.

This copies permissions from users being able to soft delete in that forum, so if they can soft delete their last posts then they'll be able to delete their topics before you configure your own permissions.

Some of my extensions:
teebling

Post by teebling »

Toxyy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:18 pm Not likely to continue development seeing as there is an extension that does this for both posts and topics now :)
Where is this extension? Can't find it anywhere.

Return to “Extensions in Development”