Anything like MyBB portal for homepage? (last posts from certain forum in homepage)

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
01tony

Anything like MyBB portal for homepage? (last posts from certain forum in homepage)

Post by 01tony » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Hello, is there any extension that allows me to show the last posts from some specific forums in the homepage of my website?
On MyBB I was using their built-in portal. I'm planning to move to phpbb because I need to develop a plugin and I hate mybb nonexistent template engine.
Thanks in advance :-)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Anything like MyBB portal for homepage? (last posts from certain forum in homepage)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:13 pm

try the other extension forums. I don't know if there is a current one for php 3.2.5 but there have been plenty of them available for a while.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

01tony

Re: Anything like MyBB portal for homepage? (last posts from certain forum in homepage)

Post by 01tony » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:13 pm
try the other extension forums. I don't know if there is a current one for php 3.2.5 but there have been plenty of them available for a while.

robert
Hi robert,
what do you mean with "other extensions forum"? You mean here on phpbb.com or other forums?
Can you give me some names?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:15 pm

the extension forums here on the phpbb board:

viewforum.php?f=451

where you are right now is the extension request forum. this is for requesting someone to create a new extension for you.

the other forums in this category are for different discussion about extensions.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:11 am

01tony wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 pm
On MyBB I was using their built-in portal
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ortal_ext/

after you make these changes:

http://reyno41.bplaced.net/phpbb/viewto ... p=788#p788

maybe this change too:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... 91#p658491
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 pm

There is no portal extension, which is actively developed and which is in the CDB (recommended for live boards). All that can be found here are more or less abandoned by the author.
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.

twm49

Post by twm49 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:15 pm

The version for 3.2.x can be found here: http://reyno41.bplaced.net/phpbb/downlo ... php?id=496
works perfectly on 3.2.5, pity is not "validated".
Furthermore, the risk is abandoned is high
Tito sorry my bad English
php 7.1.11 - PhpBB 3.2.5 => 3rotaie.it

mrgoldy
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Have you guys looked at the Sitemaker from Blitze?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... temaker_2/
phpBB Studio / Proud member of the Studio

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 pm

mrgoldy wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:34 pm
Have you guys looked at the Sitemaker from Blitze?
Can confirm that sitemaker + the pages extension works perfectly. Pages to make the portal page, sitemaker to set it to the startpage and for the sidebar/features.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

Return to “Extension Requests”