Return to group

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Jesper Møller
Name: Jesper G.O. Møller

Return to group

Post by Jesper Møller »

in my forum i have set the post count for the NRU to 5 the post base to be approved
after 5 approved post they enter the RU group and no longer need to have post approved

i have made a test user and tryd it out and it works great
however if i delete all post (ore enough to be under 5 post) the user stays in the RU group and can post without approval
Is it posible to set the forum so it returns the user to the NRU group ? I can see that the rank goes down according to the deleted post
"Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know!"

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Return to group

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

they are already in the RU group as soon as they register. every registered member goes in the RU group. IF you choose to use the NRU to approve posts etc. then they will also go into the NRU.

once they have had the required number of posts approved, then are removed from the NRU and remain in the RU.

and, no, there is no way to do what you asked as there is no reason for it. If you are testing things then just create a new test user etc.
or, you can manually add or remove people from the NRU whenever you like.

never remove anyone from the RU. depending on if you have setup special groups and put people in them, removing anyone from the RU would eleminate all their permissions to view/read forums/topics

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Jesper Møller

Post by Jesper Møller »

what i want i to revers the effect of having reached the 5 post setting limit for post approval set in the ACP
so that the agin have to have there post Approved until the have reached the required numbers
Last edited by Jesper Møller on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

david63

Post by david63 »

The whole point about putting members in the NRU group is to ensure that they are "genuine" users. If they have already made five posts then you have accepted that they are OK to post without approval. There is no way that you will always be guaranteed that users are genuine no matter how many posts have to be approved so I would not get too worried about it and with good moderators it should not be a problem.

If you really want to do this then it could be achieved by using the Auto Groups extension where you would set up another group with the same permissions as the NRU group and move them in there when their post count was less than five.

(Incidentally I think that a five post approval limit is on the high side and if your board becomes busy it will create a lot of work. You can generally guage a user within one or two posts)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Jesper Møller

Post by Jesper Møller »

Thanks David
ill take a look at that

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You're making this all waaaaaay more complicated than it needs to be.

Any spammer will give themselves away in post number 1. It's their job to post the spam so they want to get it out there straight away. You'll easily see that in the first 5 posts. Why would anyone seem fine after 5 and then suddenly go spam mad on post 6? It just doesn't happen.

If you have a 'normal' user who suddenly goes on a posting rampage there are other ways to deal with it such as turning the account off or having a 'sin bin' type group where everyone in it is on the mod queue until they behave and then you can take them out of it.

But there's no point pre-empting things that may never happen. One common mistake of people getting started on forums is they add way too many extensions, tweaks and features that just all serve to over complicate any updates and never get used anyway. Keep it simple. All the time you've spent trying to sort out a non existent issue you could have been posting content, which is far more valuable.

And I agree with David that the limit of 5 is too high. 1 or maybe 2 is plenty. By way of example, how often do you see spam on here? 200 people a day register on here and a proportion are spammers and yet you never see them but we only have a mod queue of 1 post.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Jesper Møller

Post by Jesper Møller »

@KevC
its not so mutch because of spamers i want it
its do to the nature of the members (manny with mentally problems/ week mental healt)
To protect the members against hateful and or harassing, posts i need a high level of control so nobody gets harassed

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

But people out to do that will still do it as quickly as they can (and I think you'll find it's very very rare - they like twitter these days). A mod queue of 5 or less will identify them immediately.

And if you do identify someone like that why wouldn't you just delete their account instead of keeping them on the site on a mod queue. I'd just bin them as they obviously serve no purpose to the site. If you give them another 5 posts, as soon as they realise they're not queued any more they'll just do it again. It's your site, your rules and if they don't play by them, delete them.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”