[ABD] [DEV] Post Love

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
KungFuJosh
Name: Joshua

Re: [DEV] Post Love

Post by KungFuJosh »

jefmcg wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:58 pm I installed this extension (via git clone) in August - which as far as tell is the latest version.

First off, it's great - thanks.

The only issue I have is that we only get notifications sometimes. i.e. Sometimes when someone likes my post, there is a notification. Other times there isn't. The likes seem to show up fine on the posts, and you can review them in your profile. There seems to be no pattern, and no error popups or messages in the error log.

(ok, one other issue: I'd like to be able to click on number to know who the like was from, I'm mostly using a phone, so hover doesn't work)
+1 - me too. I've been using this extension for well over a year. Same thing, doesn't always notify. Or, if two people like the same post, for example, I might only get a notification of 1 of them, if at all.
KungFuJosh
Name: Joshua

Post by KungFuJosh »

jefmcg wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:58 pm I installed this extension (via git clone) in August - which as far as tell is the latest version.

First off, it's great - thanks.

The only issue I have is that we only get notifications sometimes. i.e. Sometimes when someone likes my post, there is a notification. Other times there isn't. The likes seem to show up fine on the posts, and you can review them in your profile. There seems to be no pattern, and no error popups or messages in the error log.

(ok, one other issue: I'd like to be able to click on number to know who the like was from, I'm mostly using a phone, so hover doesn't work)
+1 - me too. I've been using this extension for well over a year. Same thing, doesn't always notify. Or, if two people like the same post, for example, I might only get a notification of 1 of them, if at all.

Thanks,
Josh
jefmcg

Re: [BETA] Post Love

Post by jefmcg »

mikepetro wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:45 am I encountered a problem where the array display when viewing "All likes" from a User profile, worked, but did not take you directly to the post that was liked.

The change I made that fixed it was in the Lovelist.php file, line 148:

Original

Code: Select all

$post_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path .($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#'. $row['post_id'] .'" target="_blank" >' . $row['post_subject'] . '</a>';
Modification: Notice the added "p' in the '#p'. $row['post_id]'' bit

Code: Select all

$post_link = '<a href="' . $this->root_path .($short == 1 ? '' : ($page > 1 ? '../../../' : '../')) .'viewtopic.php?p=' . $row['post_id'] . '#p'. $row['post_id'] .'" target="_blank" >' . $row['post_subject'] . '</a>';
This worked an it now scrolls to the exact post that was liked.
I was starting to draft almost exactly the same message, as I found and fixed the same bug. Then I thought of searching for it, and found your 2 year old post.

Sadly, even though lovelist.php has been edited a few times since you flagged this bug, the fix hasn't been made.

So just bumping this bug/bugfix report.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

I downloaded it and can't see it on my "customize" page to enable it, I am running 3.2.2

Any ideas why.

Peace
jefmcg

Post by jefmcg »

TheButcher2 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 pm I downloaded it and can't see it on my "customize" page to enable it, I am running 3.2.2

Any ideas why.

Peace
I had it working with that version.

Is this the first extension you've installed? It should be in your ext directory, ie ext/anavaro/postlove

Is it there?

(this is the first help I have offered on phpbb.com, so be patient)
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

jefmcg wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 pm
TheButcher2 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 pm I downloaded it and can't see it on my "customize" page to enable it, I am running 3.2.2

Any ideas why.

Peace
I had it working with that version.

Is this the first extension you've installed? It should be in your ext directory, ie ext/anavaro/postlove

Is it there?

(this is the first help I have offered on phpbb.com, so be patient)

Not my first extension, I renamed the extension to anavaro/postlove and it worked, when I click on the little heart if seems to count but also shows this warning popup. please extension. And advise if you may.

"AJAX error

Service Unavailable"

Peace
jefmcg

Post by jefmcg »

TheButcher2 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 pm Not my first extension, I renamed the extension to anavaro/postlove and it worked, when I click on the little heart if seems to count but also shows this warning popup. please extension. And advise if you may.

"AJAX error

Service Unavailable"
I don't know!! Sorry.

Try purging the cache?

You aren't the only one to experience this problem .... viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2246576&p=14595951&#p14595951 and I see the advice include purging the cached and turning debug off viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2246576&p=14595951&#p14597981

Good luck! It's not a bad little extension. The only problems (when it's working properly) is you don't always get notifications, and you have to tweak it to make the links work on your postlove summary page. But it's a good little low-key like facility.
Tin Soldier

Post by Tin Soldier »

Tried installing on 3.2.5. and while I see settings available on the extensions tab after being enabled, I see no integration on the board. No like options on any posts. Is there an issue with 3.2.5. or am I missing something?
jefmcg

Post by jefmcg »

Tin Soldier wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:44 pm Tried installing on 3.2.5. and while I see settings available on the extensions tab after being enabled, I see no integration on the board. No like options on any posts. Is there an issue with 3.2.5. or am I missing something?
I've had it working for several versions, including 3.2.5. Nothing broke when I upgraded from 3.2.4.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Tin Soldier

Post by Tin Soldier »

jefmcg wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:23 pm
Tin Soldier wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:44 pm Tried installing on 3.2.5. and while I see settings available on the extensions tab after being enabled, I see no integration on the board. No like options on any posts. Is there an issue with 3.2.5. or am I missing something?
I've had it working for several versions, including 3.2.5. Nothing broke when I upgraded from 3.2.4.

Thanks.

Well, I've enabled and disabled, deleted and reinstalled, and not seeing the buttons on posts, nor index info on likes (I don't want the latter, mind you. I'd disable that). Not sure if there's a conflict with another extension, or what.
mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy »

Did you set permissions / forum settings, if there are any?
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Very weird problem, when I enable the Post love extension then the language from the navbar is following the default language.
So if the default language from the board is Dutch en the users chooses English than everything is in English except the navbar and a few things in the ACP.

Anybody else notice this?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
kasimi
Former Team Member

Post by kasimi »

El_Lagarto

Post by El_Lagarto »

Tin Soldier wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:46 pm
jefmcg wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks.

Well, I've enabled and disabled, deleted and reinstalled, and not seeing the buttons on posts, nor index info on likes (I don't want the latter, mind you. I'd disable that). Not sure if there's a conflict with another extension, or what.
I'm in the same boat. Not a permissions issue, as there are no permissions to set. I do see a small "x" at the lower right hand corner of every post, but it doesn't do anything.
ivailo95
Name: Ivailo

Post by ivailo95 »

i suggest to add option "show Most liked posts on index - yes/no" i think would be better :idea:
https://i.imgur.com/hccUPAo.png
For REALLY good and VERY cheap hosting CLICK HERE
Watch "Lost in a random" game, it's the best

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”