[3.2][3.3][RC] TCS - Topic Cement and Style 👨‍🎨

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
TheButcher2

Re: [BETA] Topic Cement Style

Post by TheButcher2 »

3Di wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:42 pm
TheButcher2 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:41 pm Running 3.2.2 had problems upgrading to the latest one3.2.4
How did you install this one then? Did you remove the ext.php file?
I uploaded the decompessed folder as you said, enabled it, but no editor mate/
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

First post said:
3Di wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:04 am Requirements:
It does not matter that I clearly write what requirements are needed so do not seem to be read out.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

3Di wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 pm First post said:
3Di wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:04 am Requirements:
It does not matter that I clearly write what requirements are needed so do not seem to be read out.
Okay missed that about the php, I'm running. 5.6.39 on the server, is that okay and if so which one do you want me to download
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

If you don't have phpBB 3.2.5-rc1 installed you can NOT use this extension. Simple as it is. :)

Moreover, I don't offer support for lesser phpBB versions ( like 3.2.4, 3.2.3, 3.2.2 etc..).
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

3Di wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:58 pm If you don't have phpBB 3.2.5-rc1 installed you can NOT use this extension. Simple as it is. :)

Moreover, I don't offer support for lesser phpBB versions ( like 3.2.4, 3.2.3, 3.2.2 etc..).
okay well thanks for your time, have a great Sunday evening.

Peace
shortmort37
Name: Dan Morton

Re: [3.2][BETA] Topic Cement Style

Post by shortmort37 »

A few questions about priority...

1) If I have multiple posts with a priority of, say, 7 - what determines the order of the posts within that set? Is it posting time?

2) Will a posting without a priority set, always appear below posts where the priority is set?

3) is there a maximum value for priority?

Thanks
Dan
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

1. Default to post time/post ID (reply) in DESC order if the extension is enabled in that forum else use the native settings rule (ACP/UCP)
  2. Yes, within its topic type's category. See screenshot in the first pages
  3. 4 294 967 295 (int(10) unsigned)
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

This is a very nice extension! But... I realize, I'm looking for another feature.

I have older, dated content that I would like to move into an active subforum (e.g., posts about car events that happened several years ago). I would like to arrange my content in reverse chronological order - i.e., most recent posts, first. While I can order the content I am moving into a subforum in reverse chronological order, because it has a priority, it precedes any content already in the forum that has a default zero priority - even if the migrated content is older. And I don't want to have to constrain *every* post in the subforum to have a priority, in order to keep most recent posts ahead of older ones.

For your consideration: What if you could assign negative priorities, so that posts with a default priority of zero always precede them? And posts with the most negative priority, would be furthest down the list?

Just a thought. This is a very nifty extension. Thanks!

Dan
Last edited by shortmort37 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

shortmort37 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:05 pm What if you could assign negative priorities, so that posts with a default priority of zero always precede them? And posts would the most negative priority, would be furthest down the list?
That it is not what the client has paid for (and that he has made all this available free of charge).
Therefore you should ask for an extension that can fulfill your specific desire. :)
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

If folks should find that they would like to use this most excellent extension to decrease a topic priority, as well as increase it - I submit for the author's consideration, the following two tweaks.

Open [board]/ext/phpbbstudio/tcs/styles/prosilver/template/event/posting_editor_subject_after.html and find:

<input type="number" class="inputbox autowidth" min="0" pattern="[0-9]" name="topic_priority" id="topic_priority" tabindex="1" value="{{ TOPIC_PRIORITY }}" /> {{ lang('TCS_PRIORITY_EXP') }}

Edit this line to (remove min="0"):

<input type="number" class="inputbox autowidth" pattern="[0-9]" name="topic_priority" id="topic_priority" tabindex="1" value="{{ TOPIC_PRIORITY }}" /> {{ lang('TCS_PRIORITY_EXP') }}

Open [board]/ext/phpbbstudio/tcs/migrations/install_user_schema.php and find:

'topic_priority' => array('ULINT', 0),

Edit this line to:

'topic_priority' => array('INT:', 0),

This modification will permit the assignment of negative priorities; the more negative, the further down in the list the topic will appear.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

I will not support code not explicitely approved/merged by us in the master (for future readers)

Though a question arises:
shortmort37 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:22 pm 'topic_priority' => array('INT:', 0),
Is the any particular reason to leave that COLON : there if you are not bound to use the display width attribute?
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

3Di wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:04 am I will not support code not explicitely approved/merged by us in the master (for future readers)
That's fine, and I understand. But as I explained in my previous post, what I asked for is a very useful enhancement to me; and I presume to others, which is why I disclosed what I did in order to provide the enhancement. But I do think you ought to consider incorporating it in your extension, because it may indeed prove to be useful to others. That is, of course, entirely up to you.
3Di wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:04 am Though a question arises:
shortmort37 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:22 pm 'topic_priority' => array('INT:', 0),
Is the any particular reason to leave that COLON : there if you are not bound to use the display width attribute?
I'm not a phpBB expert; but, it's the only signed integer data type option I see in [board]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php (except for bigint), and it includes the ":":

static public function get_dbms_type_map()
{
return array(
'mysql_41' => array(
'INT:' => 'int(%d)',
'BINT' => 'bigint(20)',
'ULINT' => 'INT(10) UNSIGNED',
'UINT' => 'mediumint(8) UNSIGNED',
'UINT:' => 'int(%d) UNSIGNED',
'TINT:' => 'tinyint(%d)',
'USINT' => 'smallint(4) UNSIGNED',
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Yeah removing such colon will lead to a disaster.
Using it that way instead correctly set it to its default value int(11) [0] ( -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,648 )
Odd enough IMO, that's by design though.
Side note, I have never seen it used that way (no occurencies within the core code's migration files too).
mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy »

Those database types with a :%d should be declared specifically by the extension, so while it may default to 11, you should specify it.
All occurrences of :%d should be replaced by an actual integer of how many numbers you want.
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
shortmort37

Post by shortmort37 »

mrgoldy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:25 am Those database types with a :%d should be declared specifically by the extension, so while it may default to 11, you should specify it.
All occurrences of :%d should be replaced by an actual integer of how many numbers you want.
I'm unclear on exactly what this means. Should I declare something like this, instead?

'topic_priority' => array('INT:11', 0),

Where does -2,147,483,648 come from, anyway? I know that the least negative number that can be represented in 16 bits (base 2) is -32,768. The least negative number for 11 digits in base 10 would be -99,999,999,999 - no?

Return to “Extensions in Development”