Extension Description: A combination of my Header banner, Moon Phases and Sun Spots extension that overlay the banner with either or both of the Sun and Moon image. The sun/moon images are shown on all screen sizes although reduced in size at screens of 900px and 600px. Clicking on the sun or moon takes you to their respective sites.
You can hide the existing header background colour, radius the corners of the banner, as well as set its maximum size. The search (if enabled) can be placed on the header (top left/top right/bottom left/bottom right) moved to the NavBar or hidden.
You can have a separate banner for mobile devices (<700px) if you wish
The banner is linked to the url that the
site_logois linked to
- NOTE If you are upgrading from my Moon Banner extension, please Disable and Delete its data and files before installing Cosmos banner.
- The banner image must be a standard image extension eg .jpg .gif .png etc
- If you host the image on your own server, place it in the
imagesdirectory in the form root. To ensure it will appear on all pages, please still enter the full URL eg
- You can use the images I have on my demo by seeing This Post
- By setting the maximum width you can widen a small banner but it may distort of become pixilated.
- The Banner Image is ALWAYS show at full width when using Internet Explorer
- The image of the Sun Spots is © NASA/SDO and used with permission. It is cached in your browser for one hour before being refreshed.
- The image of the moon is © http://www.calendrier-lunaire.net and remotely loaded from their website with permission.It is cached in your browser for one day before being refreshed.
- This extension is best viewed in Firefox and Chrome. When viewed in IE or Edge (and some other browsers) there is a black box surrounding the SunSpot image. This is purely cosmetic and has no effect on the SunSpot image it self.
- Compatible with my Google Search Extension
- Automatic RLT switching
- Download the latest release and unzip it.
- Upload the folder
root/ext/and enable it in the ACP
The contact us link at the bottom of this Forum or This Topic