https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
DarKMaSk

Post by DarKMaSk »

It would be very helpful to have a 'Reputation System' in built in phpbb as most of other major forum softwares like IPB, have this by default and 'Reputation System' has become a very important part of communities across the internet.
Be a Phoenix... Reborn and rise from the ashes of failure.
AmigoJack

Re: Reputation

Post by AmigoJack »

DarKMaSk wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 am
communities across the internet
The majority of them also tend to be vague: reputation on what? Topics? Posts? Users? Forums? Signatures? Polls? Poll options? Attachments? Groups?
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Most of what I have seen with these in other forums/sites is it becomes popularity vote. I have a prolific poster on my forum that is really nice guy and undoubtedly would have highest reputation, problem is he doesn't really add much to the discussions.

Not sure how other software handles it but the way I would do it is each member gets X amount of points assigned to their own reputation. X could increase based on criteria like posts etc. If they wanted to assign points to another poster they would have to take them away from their own points or someone else they assigned points to.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

thecoalman wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:34 pm
each member gets X amount of points assigned to their own reputation. X could increase based on criteria like posts etc. If they wanted to assign points to another poster they would have to take them away from their own points or someone else they assigned points to.
In real life this is called "money": it increases based on your efforts and you're free to give it to and/or accept it from others.

Never thought about managing "credits" this way on board users. But what about post/topic reputations?
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.
.m.

Post by .m. »

basically it can be a manually added reputation by other members for post content

[similar to thanking for the post content - a couple of
extensions already available for such thanking purpose]
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Never really though of it as money but I guess it would be analogous to money. To elaborate a little more, you would not be able to give points away given to you as those can be taken back.
AmigoJack wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:01 pm
But what about post/topic reputations?
I'm only really familiar with the system on VB and believe when you give someone rep the post serves as conduit, you are not necessarily getting credit for the post. You can't give more points to the same poster unless you give points to others.

I always liked the idea of the most popular answer going to the top, perhaps you can employ something like and assign bonus points if you are top vote getter in topic.

These are just some ideas, the point is most of these systems end up being popularity contents and are not necessarily rewarding reputation to the poster with better content. You need something that will break that mold.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin »

marked as duplicate and is being planned at least from a UI standpoint for the new theme. Probably funcionaly after new theme initial release.

Return to “phpBB Ideas”