Websites that have insane rule or polices

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Methen

Websites that have insane rule or polices

Post by Methen »

Have you ever ran into a website that had rule that was so stupid it actually appear to break the law ?

There is a website called **deleted** which is a website for people to get together and act out their fantasy's and such, That has this insane rule that they may tell you which type of role play you can do off of their site, Now allow that to sink in for a moment They are allowed to tell you what type of role play you may do off of their site ,The other day I placed ad on their off site section my ad did not have and adult related material and simply said I was looking for a girl to role play with which would have been off o their site in my own private chat room, They sent someone over pretending to be interested and when I told them The next day I was suspended, I told them I was going to to file a abuse report and talk to a lawyer as that was clear violation of my privacy,I file the abuse report, lawyer was of no help, I waited a few days and went to check on the ticket and they claimed they never got it, Had to file it again and they said I had to file a police report and Now the site permanently banned me, The thing is I can not find anyone who can really give me some legal info this I called the attorney general office, several lawyers, and ican clearly what they are doing is a clear violation of privacy as what goes on off of their site is no business of theirs, anyone here got any suggestions ?
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: site name deleted
david63

Re: Websites that have insane rule or polices

Post by david63 »

Simple answer - if you don't like the rules, don't use the site.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

I have been banned from other sites for less. As David says, their site/their rules
Methen

Post by Methen »

I do not think you get it, They are breaking privacy laws, No one has legal right to tell people what the heck they can do off of their site That is why you have sites that do that type of crap cause no body steps in and puts a stop to it.
david63

Post by david63 »

As I said - if you don't like it, walk away.

Anyone who has a site can dictate what the rules of that site are. If, as you believe, a site is acting illegally then report it to the appropriate authorities and let them decide.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin »

If you think they have broken your countries privacy laws then report it to the relevant enforcement authority. If everything is exactly as you say I don't think you have a chance though. Its only a website, there are far more important things to worry about

#firstworldproblem
Methen

Post by Methen »

That is what I have been trying to do, But all I have been getting is the run arounds
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin »

... which suggests that no one else thinks you have a hope nor that its important.

Get over it and move on.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

mainly, what you think is violating your privacy is not.

they can tell you whatever they want to but unless they are actually stopping you from doing something or actually invading your privacy is some way, they are not breaking any laws of any country I can think of.

for instance, I may think that role playing is silly and I am telling you to stop it and you can't post on this site about it.
did I just violate your privacy? no!
there might be a case for freedom of speech in some places but not privacy issues.

it would not even be freedom of speech issues here in the states because it does not violate the 1st ammendment for me to tell you what you can do or say.

robert
Methen

Post by Methen »

Yes they are for they are interfering with what I do in my private life by prohibiting me from hooking up with someone that could be special to me, Imagine if someone was to do something to prohibiting you from seeing someone that was very important to you would that not be a clear violation of your privacy ?
Lumpy Burgertushie

how are they preventing you from hooking up with someone? just because they said you couldn't do it?

do it anyway. they don't control who you hook up with or anything else that you do.
they are just a website and they can not violate your privacy by simply telling you not to do whatever it is.

robert
Methen

Post by Methen »

By deleting my ad and banning me...
Lumpy Burgertushie

that is not violating your privacy. just don't use that site if they do not want you there.
you apparently have no idea what violating your privacy means.

you can be upset at this site for not doing what you want them to but that does not mean that they are breaking any privacy laws etc.

the reason that you haven't got any results from law enforcement or lawyers etc. is because they are laughing at your idea of privacy violation etc.

there is no privacy law that would apply to your situation.

just get over it and move on.

luck,
robert
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin »

Can you only meet people on their site? NO

Can they prevent you roleplaying with people you have met elsewhere? NO

Can they prevent you from using (and therefore meeting people) on their site? Of course they can.

Let me give you an example.

There is a dating site run by a strict religious organisation. Their rules and conditions are based on 'Old Testament' law and justice. Therefore they will not allow same sex dating.

'You' join looking for a same sex relationship. The owners find out and ban you.

Are they stopping you from having a same sex relationship? NO

Are they preventing you looking for a same sex relationship? NO

All they are doing is applying the sites rules and T&C.

Either move on and find a site that will accept what you are looking for, or hire a lawyer at your own (vast) expense to sue the website owners. Be prepared to lose and have a massive bill.
Methen

Post by Methen »

HiFiKabin, Iam going to take a guess and say you are not into role playing,at least not 1on1 role playing, Now I can make this a very long reply,But I will try to keep it short, The online role playing community has went straight to hell in a hand basket in the last 20 years, attempting to find girls to do the type of role playing I do is next to impossible anymore,People today not only have absolutely no clue how to role play, They can not even focus anymore, The furries have taken over nearly all the sites involving 1 on 1 role playing and the majority of them are man hiding behind female characters and I simply do not float that way.

What few sites that are out there actually have rules that tell you how old you can make your character
Lets take f-list.net for example it is a fetish role playing site and although you do not have any rules about creating young characters many people on that site will reject you for nothing more then the age and race of your character

The site is nearly 90% guys many running female characters cause it is nearly all furries, The people there are extremely very hateful and have no regards for peoples feelings what so ever and can block you for no reason or mostly just ignore your, and to top it off The site has a insane rule where you are in now way allowed to know the gender of the person who are playing with or to in way tell them your gender.

And when you have owners of sites like f-list that actually support people for doing this type of stuff you are fighting a no win situation.

I attempted to create a site for role playing offer very good role playing tutorials,which had no where near the level of censorship on it that other sites have, But it was a failure so you see my deli ma There are virtually no sites I can go to anymore. and creating a site does no good unless you got a crap load of money and the know how to create custom scripts and even if I did it still would do no good as long you have sites that allow people to get their own way with everything and treat people like dirt.

Return to “General Discussion”