New to PHP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
ChrisFF

New to PHP

Post by ChrisFF » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi,

I am new to PHP and have a problem which most of you will surely find easy.

I have a PHP site which uses a form for users to fill out, they then click NEXT and it takes them to the next form, then again and then it send an email to me when they click SUBMIT. This all works fine but I wanted to created a copy of these pages which I did. I renamed the files and renamed the page they should go to when they click NEXT -

<form id="appform1" name="appform1" method="post" action="ENapply2.php"> - so here on the first page I now want the user to be directed to ENapply.php but it keeps sending the user to the original page apply.php.

I really cannot see what the problem is. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: New to PHP

Post by Mick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:16 pm

This site is for support of phpBB not general PHP, you should look for a PHP coding support site.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: New to PHP

Post by battye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

If you only have one form on each page, then it will direct to whatever page you have referenced as the "action" when you click submit. So the most likely problem is you've made a typo somewhere.

As Mick said, this isn't really the appropriate place to ask a PHP question as phpBB is only a software that is written in PHP - we're not a part of the PHP project itself :)

If you happen to be online now or in the next 15 minutes or so I'll help you fix your problem in real time on IRC though. Shoot me a PM.
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”