Redirect New Member on First Login to Specific forum ?

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
mrix2000

Redirect New Member on First Login to Specific forum ?

Post by mrix2000 »

Hello all, I was wondering if it would be possible to redirect New members when they login for the first time to a specific forum ?
ie: I am setting up a Beginners page so would be ideal to initially direct New members to this page.
Thanks for any feedback
FlaSerIC

Re: Redirect New Member on First Login to Specific forum ?

Post by FlaSerIC »

I am not sure if this can be done like that, but maybe someone else knows ;-)
As an alternative I edit the emailmessage which is being send after registration (language/nl/email/user_welcome_inactive.txt). I included i.e. a text for membership etc. You could include a call or include a link to visit the beginnerpage.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You could use the newly registered users group to block access to all of the other forums until they make 1 post in the only forum they can see and then when that's approved it opens everything else up.

You could do a similar thing with the autogroups extension but without the approval needed.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
.m.

Post by .m. »

see login Redirect extension
david63

Post by david63 »

David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

thank you for reactivating this wonderful extension, david63. But there seems to be an adaptation tailored to your personal board, which causes an error message in the normal new forum.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Twig_Error_Loader: There are no registered paths for namespace "david63_topicagewarning" in "@david63_loginredirect/head_panel.html" at line 1. in /www/htdocs/w01873e7/test.scanialady.de/public_html/scde01/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:209 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/w01873e7/test.scanialady.de/public_html/scde01/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('@david63_topica...') #1 /www/htdocs/w01873e7/test.scanialady.de/public_html/scde01/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(150): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('@david63_topica...') #2 /www/htdocs/w01873e7/test.scanialady.de/public_html/scde01/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(328): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('@david63_topica...') #3 /www/htdocs/w01873e7/test.scanialady.de/public_html/scde01/cache/production/twig/86/86b3394f69be9041cc86b40b765fd7c26a1d0f8acff794417ff95f358e89e112.php(24): phpbb\template\twig\environment->findTemplate('@david63_topica...') #4 /www/htdocs/w in /www/htdocs/w01873e7/test.scanialady.de/public_html/scde01/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 209
topicagewarning??

I get this error in ACP - manage extensions - login redirect
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
david63

Post by david63 »

Scanialady wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:45 am thank you for reactivating this wonderful extension, david63. But there seems to be an adaptation tailored to your personal board, which causes an error message in the normal new forum.

I get this error in ACP - manage extensions - login redirect
Thanks. Fixed - same link as above.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Scanialady

Post by Scanialady »

Thank you for this fast fix :) In the new board it works now. But in my live board, where some other extensions are active, I get another error:

Code: Select all

The configuration setting "version_loginredirect" does not exist unexpectedly.
I know I have had this extension installed under phpBB 3.1 - may that be the problem? Leftovers in the database?

hm no... I think it works in the new board because the tables are there from first try. In the live board there are none.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
david63

Post by david63 »

I am guessing that you had the 3.1 version installed and that you have uploaded the 3.2 files "over the top" without disabling and re-enabling the new files. That config var was removed in the latest version
David

Scanialady

Post by Scanialady »

sorry, but no - the extension was deinstalled and the folder deleted with update to phpbb 3.2.

edit://
I tried a fresh new download from github.
I tried clearing cache (some times), delete data, reinstall.
I viewed my database, don't find any entry for this extension.

I am at a loss.
david63

Post by david63 »

Is that var in the config table?
David

Scanialady

Post by Scanialady »

No, the only var "version" I can find is the one of phpBB with value 3.2.5 (and some from other extensions, but not from this)
david63

Post by david63 »

As far as I can see that error comes from running the migration files but I am unable to reproduce the error. Is there anything "left over" in the migrations table?

(P.S. - Thank you)
David

Scanialady

Post by Scanialady »

Ah! Yes!

david63\loginredirect\migrations\version_1_0_0 I find in migrations table after delete data. Seems we are on the right way. That was the problem! After deleting this entry it works :D

Seems the old 3.1 version was not removed completely.
david63

Post by david63 »

Scanialady wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:03 pm After deleting this entry it works
Pleased it is sorted - can sleep peacfully tonight now :D
David

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”